Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
steamer

Default 7/16-28 allthread?

--Looking to get a foot of the stuff in brass, plus matching nuts;
anyone got a pointer?
The application: it matches the thread on Bernzomatic propane
torches; I need to move the snout about 2-3ft from the valve on each of the
fireball shooters I'm making. The torch points will act as pilot lights.
I figure I'll thread some of this stuff into one end and thread the nuts
onto the other end, after I've made some mating adapters for compression
fittings, so I can connect the dots with 1/8" o.d. tube, as its low
internal volume will prevent delay between valve adjustment and flame
effect.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Porgy Tirebiter?
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Karl Townsend

http://www.moglice.com/

--
(©¿©) An apple a day keeps the doctor away.
Two apples a day gets the doctor's OK.

Karl Townsend
"steamer" wrote in message
--Looking to get a foot of the stuff in brass, plus matching nuts;
anyone got a pointer?
The application: it matches the thread on Bernzomatic propane
torches; I need to move the snout about 2-3ft from the valve on each of
the
fireball shooters I'm making. The torch points will act as pilot lights.
I figure I'll thread some of this stuff into one end and thread the nuts
onto the other end, after I've made some mating adapters for compression
fittings, so I can connect the dots with 1/8" o.d. tube, as its low
internal volume will prevent delay between valve adjustment and flame
effect.

--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Whatever happened
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : to Porgy Tirebiter?
www.nmpproducts.com
---Decks a-wash in a sea of words---

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jeff Wisnia

steamer wrote:
--Looking to get a foot of the stuff in brass, plus matching nuts;
anyone got a pointer?
The application: it matches the thread on Bernzomatic propane
torches; I need to move the snout about 2-3ft from the valve on each of the
fireball shooters I'm making. The torch points will act as pilot lights.
I figure I'll thread some of this stuff into one end and thread the nuts
onto the other end, after I've made some mating adapters for compression
fittings, so I can connect the dots with 1/8" o.d. tube, as its low
internal volume will prevent delay between valve adjustment and flame
effect.

Could this one from Bernzomatic help you at all?

http://tinyurl.com/86j9k

Don't know your entire application, and maybe the plastic handle/rubber
hose wouldn't stand the environment, plus total cost, plus your concerns
about low internal volume.

Just a thought...

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

"Life is like a sewer -- what you get out of it depends on what
you put into it."
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby

steamer wrote:
--Looking to get a foot of the stuff in brass, plus matching nuts;
anyone got a pointer?
The application: it matches the thread on Bernzomatic propane
torches; I need to move the snout about 2-3ft from the valve on each of the
fireball shooters I'm making. The torch points will act as pilot lights.
I figure I'll thread some of this stuff into one end and thread the nuts
onto the other end, after I've made some mating adapters for compression
fittings, so I can connect the dots with 1/8" o.d. tube, as its low
internal volume will prevent delay between valve adjustment and flame
effect.

For reference, where do you get your 1/8" o.d. tube,
what's its i.d., and what's it made of?

-jiw