Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Glenn

Default Brake cylinder sleeving

I have a 63 SWC Corvette and the brake cylinders keep rusting and going
away. This is a single master cylinder drum/drum system. I would like to
convert to a dual master and put stainless sleeves in all the cylinders. I
am faily confident I can bore the cylinders out ok either on the lathe or
the mill but I am unsure of what to use for the sleeves or where to get it.
The car is not street worthy and is going to be going through a lot of other
restoration but I would like to keep it mobile under it's own power for ease
of working on it.
I know I can buy sleeved cylinders but I would like to learn the process. I
would also like some insight on the dual master cylinder and drum brakes as
I have only seen dual masters on disk/drum or disk/disk vehicles.
TIA
Glenn