Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
stone

Default OT- Plastic T beam

I'm looking for a plastic beam shaped like a T,
about 1 to 1 1/2 inch on each side.

Does anyone know where this can be found?

PVC or something similar.

Thanks.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Goncz

I think I saw fiberglass extruded sections at Small Parts in Miami
Lakes, FL. smallparts.com

Doug

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Nick Hull

In article .com,
"stone" wrote:

I'm looking for a plastic beam shaped like a T,
about 1 to 1 1/2 inch on each side.

Does anyone know where this can be found?

PVC or something similar.

Thanks.

The dimentions are about what passes for a "T" post used by farmers.
IIRC I have seen some advertised in Fibreglass.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ted Edwards

stone wrote:
I'm looking for a plastic beam shaped like a T,
about 1 to 1 1/2 inch on each side.

Does anyone know where this can be found?

PVC or something similar.

Fiberglass makes sense. PVC definitely doesn't unless it's strictly
ornamental i.e. zero load.

Ted
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

They are on their web site - look under materials - F and then I-beam.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Doug Goncz wrote:
I think I saw fiberglass extruded sections at Small Parts in Miami
Lakes, FL. smallparts.com

Doug

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Doug Goncz

Yeppers.

http://www.smallparts.com/products/d...-fgst-fgrt.cfm

shows an I beam that could be be cut to a T.

Doug
(T for two, and two for T)