DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   OT- Plastic T beam (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/154546-ot-plastic-t-beam.html)

stone April 23rd 06 04:42 AM

OT- Plastic T beam

I'm looking for a plastic beam shaped like a T,
about 1 to 1 1/2 inch on each side.

Does anyone know where this can be found?

PVC or something similar.

Thanks.

Doug Goncz April 23rd 06 10:49 AM

OT- Plastic T beam

I think I saw fiberglass extruded sections at Small Parts in Miami
Lakes, FL. smallparts.com

Doug

Nick Hull April 23rd 06 11:51 AM

OT- Plastic T beam

In article .com,
"stone" wrote:

I'm looking for a plastic beam shaped like a T,
about 1 to 1 1/2 inch on each side.

Does anyone know where this can be found?

PVC or something similar.

Thanks.

The dimentions are about what passes for a "T" post used by farmers.
IIRC I have seen some advertised in Fibreglass.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/

Ted Edwards April 23rd 06 08:58 PM

OT- Plastic T beam

stone wrote:
I'm looking for a plastic beam shaped like a T,
about 1 to 1 1/2 inch on each side.

Does anyone know where this can be found?

PVC or something similar.

Fiberglass makes sense. PVC definitely doesn't unless it's strictly
ornamental i.e. zero load.

Ted

Martin H. Eastburn April 24th 06 12:20 AM

OT- Plastic T beam

They are on their web site - look under materials - F and then I-beam.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member
IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member

Doug Goncz April 24th 06 02:26 PM

OT- Plastic T beam

Yeppers.

http://www.smallparts.com/products/d...-fgst-fgrt.cfm

shows an I beam that could be be cut to a T.

Doug
(T for two, and two for T)