Marty Escarcega

Default Hardinge T10 Project Lathe

I bought it running. I partially disassembled it and have stripped and
painted the cabinet and bed. Headstock, gear box, carriage, tailstock are
still together. Comes with a couple chucks and a KDK tool post I paid
$1750 for it. Would like to get close to that for it. The only thing I see
that
it needs is there is one missing tooth in the bull gear. Other than that
everything looks ok! It is in Mesa, AZ, just East of Phoenix. Prefer local
inspection/sale. Can't finish the project at this time hate to see it sit
around and prefer someone that appreciates Hardinge Quality and a cool
little lathe to get her back going. Have too many irons in the fire right
now....
If someone gives me $1750 I will throw in a brand new Teco variable
frequency drive for it. (Converts single phase to 3 phase)

Can send photos to those seriously interested.
Eric R Snow

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 01:22:26 GMT, Marty Escarcega
wrote:

[...]

Greetings Marty,
Do you know of a link to one on the web?
I know what the HLVH looks like but not the T 10. Did a google and no
pictures found.
Thanks,
eric
Eric R Snow

Well Marty,
I've looked some more, found a page that said it had pictures, but
they were all black. But I think it was a split bed machine. Is that
right? So, what size is it, what's it weigh, how much work to get it
running etc..
Thanks,
Eric
jim rozen

In article , Eric R Snow says...

Well Marty,
I've looked some more, found a page that said it had pictures, but
they were all black. But I think it was a split bed machine. Is that
right? So, what size is it, what's it weigh, how much work to get it
running etc..

Those photos were from the engraving man's site, yes? The
links are dead at this point - I had the original site
bookmarked and his new one has those photos absent.

This is a split bed machine, but the split is only
used to clamp the tailstock. The carriage runs on outer
dovetail ways. It's a real transition machine.

Jim

please reply to:

CHale

Eric R Snow wrote in message . ..
Well Marty,
I've looked some more, found a page that said it had pictures, but
they were all black. But I think it was a split bed machine. Is that
right? So, what size is it, what's it weigh, how much work to get it
running etc..
Thanks,
Eric

Hello--a good place to see T-10's is at this Yahoo site:

The home page (if you will) shows one, and I've got a picture of mine
posted there, too, etc. You're right, it's an "inverted ways"
split-bed lathe, 9"x18", basically the precursor to the HLV-H. Weighs
about 1200 lb I believe it is. A very pretty lathe, Hardinge quality
thru-and-thru. Check out the site, you'll learn a lot there and find
some other folks interested in them.
Charley Hale

Marty Escarcega

[posted and mailed]

Eric R Snow wrote in
news
Well Marty,
I've looked some more, found a page that said it had pictures, but
they were all black. But I think it was a split bed machine. Is that
right? So, what size is it, what's it weigh, how much work to get it
running etc..
Thanks,
Eric

Posted a picture from one in the Hardinge-Lathe Yahoo group in the RCM drop
box.
http://www.metalworking.com/dropbox/t10lathe.jpg

They are a cool little lathe. 9"x18". 5C spindle.
The bull gear needs a tooth repaired. A bit of clean up and reassembly.

I have several interested people at this point. Hardinge enthusiats so it
seems. I will be taking pictures tomorrow and emailing them

Marty
jim rozen

In article , Marty Escarcega says...

I have several interested people at this point.

sob

Just would not be practical for me to ship this across
the country. Hope the new owner enjoys it!

Jim

please reply to: