Gunner

Default Book for Turret Lathe

On Fri, 1 Aug 2003 19:57:54 -0700, "PrecisionMachinist"
wrote:

"Chuck H." wrote in message
OK folks, here I am asking for more help again. I have spent this entire

day
looking for a book, owners manual, or what ever you want to call it on

this
internet with no luck. I don't know if I'm looking in the wrong places or
what. Please help. It is for a Warner & Swasey Turret Lathe 1-A M-470.

The
only date I can find on it is the last rebuild date of 11-28-63 so I have

no
idea how old the thing is. If any of you know someone with this same

lathe,
please ask if they would sell me a copy of the book to it.
A few of you have already told me where to look and I did. I was still
unable to find the damn book even where you told me to look. Any way I

give
up,,,,HELP PLEASE !!!,,,,,,Thanks ,,,,Chuck H.

This was read by my wife to see if I said anything wrong, but I'm not real
sure she done a good job of it, as she had a hard day and she found my
"bootleg" ya see.At $150.00 a gallon, it is the true "kill ya or cure ya
drink",,,,lmao,,,,,everyone have a great weekend and make it a safe one
too,,,,

Chuck H.
Sugar Tit South Carolina where the main attraction is BMW, you know ,

that's
where our Bubba Makes Wheels at,,,,,,lol

Chuck,

I suggest you might want to repost to the newsgroup
rec.crafts.metalworking they might be able to help.

Good luck.

Ive got a copy of "Warner & Swasey Turret Lathe Tools", Catalog No.
70A, 1970.
I have another turret lathe book, may be the operators manual for a
WS, but cant locate it at the moment.

Its not for sale, but I might scan the entire book and do a PDF of it.
Full of setup pics, tooling pics and applications, etc etc.
I have another turret lathe book, may be the operators manual for a
WS, but cant locate it at the moment.

BTW..if anyone wants a VERY nice and tooled WS #4, there is one in
Santa Ana California for $300, includes multiple 3 and 4 jaw chucks, a
very large set of collets, air collet closer, the works. This will
turn up to around 18" IIRC.

$500 gets the #4 and a very nice Herbert turret lathe, set up for 5C
collets and in very good condition, ready to make parts. Full turret,
cross and longitudal feed, threading etc etc A very versitile lathe

The same shop has a decent Clausing 1500 lathe, 15" swing, 48" between
centers, KDK, 3 & 4 jaw chucks, 5C lever collet closer etc
$2500 OBO

Gunner

"What do you call someone in possesion of all the facts? Paranoid.-William Burroughs