Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Mitutoyo repair center experience?

We have a dial indicator that fought gravity and lost. It is a
2923-10, and the tip still moves, but not easily. Gotta send it away
for repair, and I have heard good things about Long Island indicator
repair, but I could only get thru to the Mitutoyo repair center in
Aurora, IL on the phone. They said it would be a flat fee of $44 to
repair, no matter what the damage. That sounds great to me. Just
wondering if anyone has used the Mitutoyo repair center, or someone who
has any wisdom to share on the subject.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Hari Seldon

D Murphy wrote:
rbce2003 wrote

Just wondering if anyone has used the Mitutoyo repair center,

I've used them. No problems at all.

So how does one get ahold of the Mitutoyo repair center?
I did a quick on-line search and nothing came up.

I have a Digimatic Solar caliper that I dropped, breaking
the thumb wheel off and screwing up the readout (no longer
zeros) that I wouldn't mind getting fixed, if it won't cost me
an arm and a leg.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Roger Jones

http://www.mitutoyo.com/Support/RepairService.html