Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
daniel peterman

Default ice fishing

When I was just a little boy, sittin on my daddy's knee (sorry Fogerty,
it's kinda universal) my father who was really an accountant and
certified tinkerer presented me with a problem
He enjoyed challenging me with odd stuff and it sharpened my mind.
Here was the problem... There is some metal involved only because fish
are commonly caught on metal hooks.

I bore a hole in a frozen, then another one about 10 yards away. The
object is to get a dragline laced with baited hooks from one hole under
the ice to the other hole.
We thought of miniature subs and other weird schemes( iwas only about 7
at the time) and it was cold alot in Michigan in the 60s so lots of time
to ponder such things. We thought of RC trolling motors and i never
figured it out or tried it(money)
It has been done for centuries
Do you know how?

fishing rod smudger UK diy 19 October 25th 05 11:41 AM
Fishing Pole storage Rack Mark Sowieja Woodworking 4 May 27th 05 07:17 PM
fishing rod smudger UK diy 7 May 27th 05 10:57 AM
fishing 6 gauge wires through conduit zxcvbob Home Repair 21 January 11th 05 04:42 AM
Books on wire fishing techniques and wiremold Max Voltaire Home Repair 9 August 25th 03 04:43 PM