smudger

Default fishing rod

Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

The3rd Earl Of Derby

smudger wrote:
Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

I'd imagine it to have a cork handle?
--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
smudger wrote:
Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

I'd imagine it to have a cork handle?

About as much use as a chocolate teapot in a lightning strike.

MBQ

gentlegreen

"smudger" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

Most of mine have warning decals on to that effect .

..

Aidan

gentlegreen wrote:

Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

Most of mine have warning decals on to that effect .

Yes, people are occasionally electrocuted by hitting power lines with
CF roach poles.

Dave Fawthrop

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 14:12:45 GMT, "The3rd Earl Of Derby"
wrote:

| smudger wrote:
| Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
| touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

But they forbid fishing under electricity wires, so it should not happen.
Were I a fisherman that is a rule I would *obey* religiously, Any rod may
well be wet, which could conduct enough to kill you if you were unlucky.

--
Dave Fawthrop dave hyphenologist co uk
The London suicide bombers killed innocent commuters.
gentlegreen

"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

gentlegreen wrote:

Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

Most of mine have warning decals on to that effect .

Yes, people are occasionally electrocuted by hitting power lines with
CF roach poles.

I was amazed, upon returning to fishing, to read of 15 metre poles - I
assumed it was a misprint !

(though quite how one would behave if assembled and waved about vertically
is anyone's guess ! )

..

The3rd Earl Of Derby

gentlegreen wrote:
"Aidan" wrote in message
oups.com...

gentlegreen wrote:

Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

Most of mine have warning decals on to that effect .

Yes, people are occasionally electrocuted by hitting power lines with
CF roach poles.

I was amazed, upon returning to fishing, to read of 15 metre poles - I
assumed it was a misprint !

You can blame the french for that. :-)

.

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite

smudger

you can blame the French for lot's of thing's!!

Junior Member

Dear me, is this site for DIY or for smart arsedness

Sean
mike ring

"Aidan" wrote in news:1129822116.775630.144750
@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Yes, people are occasionally electrocuted by hitting power lines with
CF roach poles.

Once would have been enough for me

mike
raden

In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
wrote:
The3rd Earl Of Derby wrote:
smudger wrote:
Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

I'd imagine it to have a cork handle?

About as much use as a chocolate teapot in a lightning strike.

MBQ

But in the law of average its a million to one chance of lightning striking
anyone holding a fishing rod. :-)

Maybe the OP should try it and report back .... or not

--
geoff

raden

In message . com,
smudger writes
you can blame the French for lot's of thing's!!

But not wrongly placed apostrophes

--
geoff
Baz

"smudger" wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

A young lad was killed a few years back here when his CF Pole hit the
overhead power cables.
Baz

The Natural Philosopher

smudger wrote:

Anyone no if a carbon fibre fishing rod is struck by lighting or
touches a live wire would you get a shock or dead??

Yes.

Its conductive enough at those sorts of high voltages.

Fishing Pole storage Rack Mark Sowieja Woodworking 4 May 27th 05 07:17 PM
fishing rod smudger UK diy 7 May 27th 05 10:57 AM
FAO FISHING BOATS J T Woodworking 0 January 26th 05 11:29 PM
Books on wire fishing techniques and wiremold Max Voltaire Home Repair 9 August 25th 03 04:43 PM