smudger

Default fishing rod

anyone no away to repair/mend a snapped carbon fibre fly fishing rod i
have been given?
Smudger

Stuart

On 24 May 2005 13:20:08 -0700, "smudger" wrote:

anyone no away to repair/mend a snapped carbon fibre fly fishing rod i
have been given?
Smudger

Do you have accidental damage house contents insurance .??

I can only suggest consulting a repairer .Check angling magazines for
contacts .
Stuart

Shift THELEVER to reply.
Holly in France

On 24 May 2005 13:20:08 -0700, smudger wrote:

anyone no away to repair/mend a snapped carbon fibre fly fishing rod i
have been given?

We have a broken one too, my husband reckons it can't be repaired, if
anyone knows any different please do post!

--
Holly, in France
Holiday home in Dordogne
The Natural Philosopher

smudger wrote:

anyone no away to repair/mend a snapped carbon fibre fly fishing rod i
have been given?
Smudger

Epoxy, and wrap the joint with carbon tow, soaked in more epoxy.

If its a hollow shaft, stick some CF rod up the middle with epoxy as well.

http://www.fibretechgb.co.uk/DefaultHome.htm is your friend...
Timfy

smudger wrote:

anyone no away to repair/mend a snapped carbon fibre fly fishing rod i
have been given?
Smudger

Epoxy, and wrap the joint with carbon tow, soaked in more epoxy.

If its a hollow shaft, stick some CF rod up the middle with epoxy as well.

http://www.fibretechgb.co.uk/DefaultHome.htm is your friend...

That would however completely ruin the "action" of the rod. (ie curve
properties)

Timfy wrote:
smudger wrote:

anyone no away to repair/mend a snapped carbon fibre fly fishing rod i
have been given?
Smudger

Epoxy, and wrap the joint with carbon tow, soaked in more epoxy.

If its a hollow shaft, stick some CF rod up the middle with epoxy as well.

http://www.fibretechgb.co.uk/DefaultHome.htm is your friend...

That would however completely ruin the "action" of the rod. (ie curve
properties)

By all accounts, they're not too good at the moment!

Holly, in France

Timfy wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...

Timfy wrote:
smudger wrote:

anyone no away to repair/mend a snapped carbon fibre fly fishing
rod i have been given?
Smudger

Epoxy, and wrap the joint with carbon tow, soaked in more epoxy.

If its a hollow shaft, stick some CF rod up the middle with epoxy
as well.

http://www.fibretechgb.co.uk/DefaultHome.htm is your friend...

That would however completely ruin the "action" of the rod. (ie
curve properties)

By all accounts, they're not too good at the moment!

A fair point ;-)

Quite ;-) When my husband said his couldn't be mended, it wasn't
actually that he thought it couldn't be done, rather that the rod
wouldn't be much good afterwards. I must admit I thought that if it was
usable at all it would be an improvement on the current situation! He
has since bought a new one, but I think it would be worth mending the
other one even if only for the children to practice with. Another round
tuit needed.....

FAO FISHING BOATS J T Woodworking 0 January 26th 05 11:29 PM
fishing 6 gauge wires through conduit zxcvbob Home Repair 21 January 11th 05 04:42 AM
turning fishing plugs peterg Woodturning 2 February 28th 04 10:05 PM
Books on wire fishing techniques and wiremold Max Voltaire Home Repair 9 August 25th 03 04:43 PM