Mark Sowieja

Default Fishing Pole storage Rack

Does anyone have a a site for 8 to 10 fishing pole storage racks to go to.
Thanks

Lew Hodgett

Mark Sowieja wrote:
Does anyone have a a site for 8 to 10 fishing pole storage racks to go to.

On a boat or in the basement at home?

If you are able to hang them from the joists in the basement, it becomes
a simple band saw project.

Find a West Marine or Boaters World and look at their displays.

HTH

Lew

Mike Marlow

"Mark Sowieja" wrote in message
Does anyone have a a site for 8 to 10 fishing pole storage racks to go

to.
Thanks

Funny you should as such a thing Mark - I've been wandering around the net
looking at just the same thing. There are a bunch of sites if you do a
google, that will show all sorts of rod holders. So far I haven't seen any
ideas I'm really fond of. I'm looking to build something that will hold
10-12 rods with the reels on them and will accomodate a mix of rod types.
I'm looking to build something the will hold a couple or a few fly rods, a
couple of 5' ultra lights, a few 6' spinning rods, and what ever else. Some
of these (the ultra lights) don't break down so the rack will have to
accomodate varying length rods. Right now I'm thinking of something perhaps
that will be three sided or maybe even curved, so that it does not take up
so much wall space. It will also have a generous drawer underneath it for
line, etc. Still toying with designs in my head though, so if you find some
good looking ideas, or come up with some on your own, please drop me a line
and we'll compare notes.

--

-Mike-

Rob Mills

"Mike Marlow" wrote in message

"Mark Sowieja" wrote in message
Does anyone have a a site for 8 to 10 fishing pole storage racks to go

Funny you should as such a thing Mark - I've been wandering around the
net

looking at just the same thing.

I've been wanting to build one also and have been looking for small rubber
claw like grippers to hold the rod. I haven't seen any in years, probably
not since Herter's went out of business. I've looked through the Bass Pro
catalog and came up empty handed. Building a rack would be real simple if we
could locate these grippers or a good replacement. RM~

I visited a houseboat where the fishing rod rack used the spring type
clothespins.
http://www.diamondbrands.com/clothespins/
The handles went into a a row of holes in a board near the floor and
the clothespins, mounted with nails through the barrels of the springs,
grabbed the rods near the tips. It didn't make the yachting types
jealous, but it worked.