Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bill

Default Gloat?

I think so.

I got a troke DMT-15" 12"x12" xy rotary table for 151 dollars. Its in
real nice shape too.
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29393-...tem=7570476393

I was fairly close by visiting relatives so I drove down and picked it
up.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Pete C.

Bill wrote:

I think so.

I got a troke DMT-15" 12"x12" xy rotary table for 151 dollars. Its in
real nice shape too.
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29393-...tem=7570476393

I was fairly close by visiting relatives so I drove down and picked it
up.

It's definitely a gloat if you've got a mill big enough to use it on. I
got a P&W 10" tilting rotary table in great shape for $300 and at about
200#+ it's about the largest thing I'd want to put on my 1J Bridgeport.

Pete C.
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Harold and Susan Vordos

"Bill" wbbright@amaonlinecom wrote in message
I think so.

I got a troke DMT-15" 12"x12" xy rotary table for 151 dollars. Its in
real nice shape too.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29393-...ver=BCA080805&
lk=ItemDescriptionANDimage&Item=7570476393

I was fairly close by visiting relatives so I drove down and picked it
up.

Way, way cool. The only negatives will be handling the damned thing, and
the odd chance that the top slides will diminish useful spindle depth.
You did good!

Harold

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Terry

You did very well.

I got a fairly new one off eBay a couple of years ago for $600. It is a
newer model than yours but is basically the same (still called DMT-15). At
more than 300 lbs I would not have even considered it due to shipping costs
but, like yours, it was local. Here is one identical to mine selling for
$2,950.00 at Astra Tool. http://www.astratool.com/machines/m2914.htm

They are hard to handle until you can figure out the best way to set them on
your table (minimum of Bridgeport 2J). Depending on the machine (i.e.,
access to the table), I sometimes use my hydraulic table, electric hoist or
cherry picker (engine hoist) to lift and set mine on the machine table. Once
you get the process down, moving it and setting it on the table is not a
problem. I have several smaller variations of this rotary table but they all
are reversed in their functionality. The cross-slide is on the bottom and
the rotary table is on top. Those tables provide no more functionality than
setting a regular rotary table on top of a Bridgeport table. This does not
provide near as much functionality as the DMT-15 arrangement.

Indexing (dividing) kits are available for the DMT-15 and other Troyke
rotary tables. I found one on eBay right after purchasing my DMT-15. It was
a Buy It Now auction for $35 and it included two double-sided plates, the
handle, knuckle, bearings, spacers and extra nut. I don't know what the
retail price is for the kit. It also fits my Troyke 15 inch H/V rotary table
(model U-15). These kits add even more functionality to already extremely
useful tools.

You will find the DMT-15 to be a very useful tool in your shop. I don't
think that you'll regret your purchase even though they are very heavy.

Terry

"Bill" wbbright@amaonlinecom wrote in message
I think so.

I got a troke DMT-15" 12"x12" xy rotary table for 151 dollars. Its in
real nice shape too.

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29393-...tem=7570476393

I was fairly close by visiting relatives so I drove down and picked it
up.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Errol Groff

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:56:26 -0600, Bill wbbright@amaonlinecom
wrote:

I think so.

I got a troke DMT-15" 12"x12" xy rotary table for 151 dollars. Its in
real nice shape too.
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29393-...tem=7570476393

I was fairly close by visiting relatives so I drove down and picked it
up.

Perhaps something like this
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/29571/1424
would be the ticket for storing the RT.

The device is meant to eliminate the lifting of machine vises on and
off the table of a BP style mill but I should think that adapting it
to your RT would not be too much of a problem.

I would love to have these for the machines at school but I know full
well that it would just be a matter of time (and not much at that)
before some s**t for brains kid would decide to see how much noise a
Kurt style vise would make when he loosened it's clamp on the support.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
613 Upper Maple Street
Danielson, CT 06239

New England Model Engineering Society
www.neme-s.org

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Martin H. Eastburn

OBTW -
I knew a shop teacher (not mine) - that had all shop vises welded along the length
of the jaws. When he came back there was a long discussion in the teachers lounge
on the boys and how if any to get the vices fixed.

As it turned out, the welders got only the sacrificial plate that is screwed into
the faces. The task was to mill down through the weld and then making new faces.

That class got to stay after class on Fridays (snicker) and fix each vise.

Skill learning and a little more as well.
{ IIRC, I didn't understand nor blame the kids myself. I was the Electronics teacher.}
Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

Martin H. Eastburn wrote:
Or -

Weld the joints together in an odd position while you were home with the
flu.
Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH & Endowment Member

[...]