Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Errol Groff

Default Gloat?

On Wed, 28 Dec 2005 21:56:26 -0600, Bill wbbright@amaonlinecom
wrote:

I think so.

I got a troke DMT-15" 12"x12" xy rotary table for 151 dollars. Its in
real nice shape too.
http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29393-...tem=7570476393

I was fairly close by visiting relatives so I drove down and picked it
up.

Perhaps something like this
http://news.thomasnet.com/fullstory/29571/1424
would be the ticket for storing the RT.

The device is meant to eliminate the lifting of machine vises on and
off the table of a BP style mill but I should think that adapting it
to your RT would not be too much of a problem.

I would love to have these for the machines at school but I know full
well that it would just be a matter of time (and not much at that)
before some s**t for brains kid would decide to see how much noise a
Kurt style vise would make when he loosened it's clamp on the support.

Errol Groff

Instructor, Manufacturing Technology
H.H. Ellis Technical High School
613 Upper Maple Street