Glenn Ashmore

Default [LAFD] Seismic Activity in California

That was no earthquake. That was God reading your last two posts.

Gunner wrote:

Dear Friend of the Los Angeles Fire Department:

As you may be aware, a significant seismic event has occurred this
morning near the Central Coast of California, approximately 190
miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Though ground motion was felt across a great portion of our State, I
am pleased to report at this time that there is no, I repeat NO
reports of any loss of life, serious injury or significant
structural damage in the City of Los Angeles.

With our nation at a heightened state of alert due to concerns of
potential terrorism, we understand that many people are tense and
concerned. With that in mind, the men and women of the Los Angeles
Fire Department encourage you develop the peace of mind that comes
with being prepared for any foreseeable emergency.

We therefore now encourage you to visit the following website:

http://www.ready.gov

...as well as download and print the Lad's 40 page Emergency
Preparedness Handbook in PDF format:

http://www.lafd.org/ostrich.pdf

Though none of us can predict emergencies, awareness and
preparedness will always be essential. Please help us by doing your
part to be ready.

Respectfully Yours in Safety and Service,

Brian Humphrey
Firefighter/Paramedic
Public Information Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department

For more information, visit the LAFD website: http://www.lafd.org

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

Alan Moore

On Mon, 22 Dec 2003 16:12:54 -0500, Glenn Ashmore
wrote:

That was no earthquake. That was God reading your last two posts.

I always thought God had better aim than that.

Al Moore
Gunner

wrote:

That was no earthquake. That was God reading your last two posts.

If it had been God(s) there would have been a massive die off of
Liberals and Leftists.

Btw..someone emailed me this quote..rather liked it

"A liberal is someone who would not take his own side in a fight."
Willmoore Kendall

Gunner wrote:

[...]

J. R. Carroll

wrote:
"A liberal is someone who would not take his own side in a fight."
Willmoore Kendall

Another good one:

A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.

Gunner

wrote:

That was no earthquake. That was God reading your last two posts.

I always thought God had better aim than that.

Al Moore

He does. One would assume he crushed two Lefties today.

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 02:18:39 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:
"A liberal is someone who would not take his own side in a fight."
Willmoore Kendall

Another good one:

A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli

Liberal: a power worshiper without power.
- George Orwell
'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
J. R. Carroll

.. .
wrote:
"A liberal is someone who would not take his own side in a fight."
Willmoore Kendall

Another good one:

A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli

Liberal: a power worshiper without power.
- George Orwell

A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his grandmother
when in doubt.
Woodrow Wilson

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
Portland
www.machiningsolution.com

Glenn Ashmore

wrote:
"A liberal is someone who would not take his own side in a fight."
Willmoore Kendall

Another good one:

A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli

The key word here is ORGANIZED. Nobody ever accused the Democrats of
being organized.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com

jim rozen

In article , Alan Moore says...

I always thought God had better aim than that.

A priest and a lawyer were out playing golf.
The lawyer missed a put and said 'god damn it.'
The priest chastised him for taking the lord's
name in vain.

Then the lawyer drove a shot into the woods.
"**** hell jesus christ damn it" he exclaimed.

A bolt of lightning flashed from above and
incinerated the priest in a puff of smoke.
A voice boomed from above:

fx, echo

****, MISSED AGAIN!

Jim

please reply to:

jon banquer

wrote:
"A liberal is someone who would not take his own side in a fight."
Willmoore Kendall

Another good one:

A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli

--
John R. Carroll

Once at a social gathering, Gladstone said to Disraeli, "I predict, Sir,
that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease". Disraeli
replied, "That all depends, sir, upon whether I embrace your principles
or your mistress."

Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 03:01:17 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli

Liberal: a power worshiper without power.
- George Orwell

A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his grandmother
when in doubt.
Woodrow Wilson

The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is
that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find
the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work
in order to survive.
- Thomas Sowell

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
J. R. Carroll

wrote:

A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli

Liberal: a power worshiper without power.
- George Orwell

A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his

grandmother
when in doubt.
Woodrow Wilson

The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is
that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find
the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work
in order to survive.
- Thomas Sowell

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

The Democrats are the party of government activism, the party that says
government can make you richer, smarter, taller, and get the chickweed out
of
your lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and
then get elected and prove it.
P. J. O'Rourke

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
Portland
www.machiningsolution.com

Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:19:41 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

I wonder how many of the people who profess to believe in the leveling
ideas of collectivism and egalitarianism really just believe that they
themselves are good for nothing. I mean, how many leftists are
animated by a quite reasonable self-loathing? In their hearts they
know that they are not going to become scholars or inventors or
industrialists or even ordinary good kind people. So they need a way
to achieve that smugness for which the left is so justifiably famous.
They need a way to achieve self-esteem without merit. Well, there is
politics. In an egalitarian world everything will be controlled by
politics, and politics requires no merit.
- P.J. O'Rourke

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
J. R. Carroll

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:19:41 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

"You know, I could run for governor but I'm basically a media creation.
I've never done anything. I've worked for my dad. I worked in the oil
business. But that's not the kind of profile you have to have to get elected
to public office." George W. Bush

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
Portland
www.machiningsolution.com

Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:07:46 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:19:41 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

"I'll have them ******s voting Democratic for the next two hundred
years." Lyndon Baines Johnson

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
J. R. Carroll

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:07:46 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:19:41 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

From The Washington Post:
Bush said the CIA's doubts about the charge -- that Iraq sought to buy
"yellowcake" uranium ore in Africa -- were "subsequent" to the Jan. 28 State
of the Union speech in which Bush made the allegation. Defending the broader
decision to go to war with Iraq, the president said the decision was made
after he gave Saddam Hussein "a chance to allow the inspectors in, and he
wouldn't let them in."

Bush's position was at odds with those of his own aides, who acknowledged
over the weekend that the CIA raised doubts that Iraq sought to buy uranium
from Niger more than four months before Bush's speech.

The president's assertion that the war began because Iraq did not admit
inspectors appeared to contradict the events leading up to war this spring:
Hussein had, in fact, admitted the inspectors and Bush had opposed extending
their work because he did not believe them effective.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.
Los Angeles San Francisco
Portland
www.machiningsolution.com

Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:38:35 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:07:46 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:19:41 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

From The Washington Post:
[...]

"Every child in America entering school at the age of five is insane
because he comes to school with certain allegiances toward our
Founding Fathers, toward his parents, toward our elected officials,
toward a belief in a supernatural being, and toward the sovereignty of
this nation as a separate entity. It's up to you, teachers, to make
all these sick children well by creating the international child of
the future."
Chester Pierce, a Professor of Educational Psychiatry at Harvard,
said,

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:38:35 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

From The Washington Post:
[...]

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports
show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and
biological weapons stock, his missile delivery capability, and his
nuclear program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to
terrorists, including Al Qaeda members, though there is apparently no
evidence of his involvement in the terrible events of September 11,
2001. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked, Saddam Hussein
will continue to increase his capacity to wage biological and chemical
warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear weapons. Should he
succeed in that endeavor, he could alter the political and security
landscape of the Middle East, which as we know all too well affects
American security." -- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002
'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 17:38:35 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

From The Washington Post:
[...]

Just to speed things along a bit....

"[W]e urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with
the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including,
if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to
respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its
weapons of mass destruction programs." -- From a letter signed by Joe
Lieberman, Dianne Feinstein, Barbara A. Milulski, Tom Daschle, & John
Kerry among others on October 9, 1998

"This December will mark three years since United Nations inspectors
last visited Iraq. There is no doubt that since that time, Saddam
Hussein has reinvigorated his weapons programs. Reports indicate that
biological, chemical and nuclear programs continue apace and may be
back to pre-Gulf War status. In addition, Saddam continues to refine
delivery systems and is doubtless using the cover of a licit missile
program to develop longer- range missiles that will threaten the
United States and our allies." -- From a December 6, 2001 letter
signed by Bob Graham, Joe Lieberman, Harold Ford, & Tom Lantos among
others

"Saddam's goal ... is to achieve the lifting of U.N. sanctions while
retaining and enhancing Iraq's weapons of mass destruction programs.
We cannot, we must not and we will not let him succeed." -- Madeline
Albright, 1998

"Iraq made commitments after the Gulf War to completely dismantle all
weapons of mass destruction, and unfortunately, Iraq has not lived up
to its agreement." -- Barbara Boxer, November 8, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are
confident that Saddam Hussein retained some stockpiles of chemical and
biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash course
to build up his chemical and biological warfare capability.
Intelligence reports also indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons,
but has not yet achieved nuclear capability." -- Robert Byrd, October
2002

"What is at stake is how to answer the potential threat Iraq
represents with the risk of proliferation of WMD. Baghdad's regime did
use such weapons in the past. Today, a number of evidences may lead to
think that, over the past four years, in the absence of international
inspectors, this country has continued armament programs." -- Jacques
Chirac, October 16, 2002

"The community of nations may see more and more of the very kind of
threat Iraq poses now: a rogue state with weapons of mass destruction,
ready to use them or provide them to terrorists. If we fail to respond
today, Saddam and all those who would follow in his footsteps will be
emboldened tomorrow." -- Bill Clinton in 1998

American security." -- Hillary Clinton, October 10, 2002

"I am absolutely convinced that there are weapons...I saw evidence
back in 1998 when we would see the inspectors being barred from
gaining entry into a warehouse for three hours with trucks rolling up
and then moving those trucks out." -- Clinton's Secretary of Defense
William Cohen in April of 2003

"Iraq is not the only nation in the world to possess weapons of mass
destruction, but it is the only nation with a leader who has used them
against his own people." -- Tom Daschle in 1998

"Saddam Hussein's regime represents a grave threat to America and our
allies, including our vital ally, Israel. For more than two decades,
Saddam Hussein has sought weapons of mass destruction through every
available means. We know that he has chemical and biological weapons.
He has already used them against his neighbors and his own people, and
is trying to build more. We know that he is doing everything he can to
build nuclear weapons, and we know that each day he gets closer to
achieving that goal." -- John Edwards, Oct 10, 2002

"I share the administration's goals in dealing with Iraq and its
weapons of mass destruction." -- Dick Gephardt in September of 2002

"Iraq does pose a serious threat to the stability of the Persian Gulf
and we should organize an international coalition to eliminate his
access to weapons of mass destruction. Iraq's search for weapons of
mass destruction has proven impossible to completely deter and we
should assume that it will continue for as long as Saddam is in
power." -- Al Gore, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that
Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing
capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass
destruction." -- Bob Graham, December 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and
developing weapons of mass destruction." -- Ted Kennedy, September 27,
2002

"I will be voting to give the president of the United States the
authority to use force - if necessary - to disarm Saddam Hussein
because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction
in his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." -- John F.
Kerry, Oct 2002

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant and a
threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the
mandates of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass
destruction and the means of delivering them." -- Carl Levin, Sept 19,
2002

"Over the years, Iraq has worked to develop nuclear, chemical and
biological weapons. During 1991 - 1994, despite Iraq's denials, U.N.
inspectors discovered and dismantled a large network of nuclear
facilities that Iraq was using to develop nuclear weapons. Various
reports indicate that Iraq is still actively pursuing nuclear weapons
capability. There is no reason to think otherwise. Beyond nuclear
weapons, Iraq has actively pursued biological and chemical
weapons.U.N. inspectors have said that Iraq's claims about biological
weapons is neither credible nor verifiable. In 1986, Iraq used
chemical weapons against Iran, and later, against its own Kurdish
population. While weapons inspections have been successful in the
past, there have been no inspections since the end of 1998. There can
be no doubt that Iraq has continued to pursue its goal of obtaining
weapons of mass destruction." -- Patty Murray, October 9, 2002

"As a member of the House Intelligence Committee, I am keenly aware
that the proliferation of chemical and biological weapons is an issue
of grave importance to all nations. Saddam Hussein has been engaged in
the development of weapons of mass destruction technology which is a
threat to countries in the region and he has made a mockery of the
weapons inspection process." -- Nancy Pelosi, December 16, 1998

"Even today, Iraq is not nearly disarmed. Based on highly credible
intelligence, UNSCOM [the U.N. weapons inspectors] suspects that Iraq
still has biological agents like anthrax, botulinum toxin, and
clostridium perfringens in sufficient quantity to fill several dozen
bombs and ballistic missile warheads, as well as the means to continue
manufacturing these deadly agents. Iraq probably retains several tons
of the highly toxic VX substance, as well as sarin nerve gas and
mustard gas. This agent is stored in artillery shells, bombs, and
ballistic missile warheads. And Iraq retains significant dual-use
industrial infrastructure that can be used to rapidly reconstitute
large-scale chemical weapons production." -- Ex-Un Weapons Inspector
Scott Ritter in 1998

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working
aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and will likely have nuclear
weapons within the next five years. And that may happen sooner if he
can obtain access to enriched uranium from foreign sources --
something that is not that difficult in the current world. We also
should remember we have always underestimated the progress Saddam has
made in development of weapons of mass destruction." -- John
Rockefeller, Oct 10, 2002

"Saddam’s existing biological and chemical weapons capabilities pose a
very real threat to America, now. Saddam has used chemical weapons
before, both against Iraq’s enemies and against his own people. He is
working to develop delivery systems like missiles and unmanned aerial
vehicles that could bring these deadly weapons against U.S. forces and
U.S. facilities in the Middle East." -- John Rockefeller, Oct 10, 2002

"Whether one agrees or disagrees with the Administration’s policy
towards Iraq, I don’t think there can be any question about Saddam’s
conduct. He has systematically violated, over the course of the past
11 years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he
disarm and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any
nuclear capacity. This he has refused to do. He lies and cheats; he
snubs the mandate and authority of international weapons inspectors;
and he games the system to keep buying time against enforcement of the
just and legitimate demands of the United Nations, the Security
Council, the United States and our allies. Those are simply the
facts." -- Henry Waxman, Oct 10, 2002

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

"I'll have them ******s voting Democratic for the next two hundred
years." Lyndon Baines Johnson

'Can't get enough of that stuff!' Strom Thurmond

Jim

please reply to:

Abrasha

=

wrote:
=

A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli

Liberal: a power worshiper without power.
- George Orwell

A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his grandm=

other
when in doubt.
Woodrow Wilson

The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is
that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find
the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to work
in order to survive.
- Thomas Sowell
=

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel. =

=97Samuel Johnson, April 7, 1775 =

Nationalism is our form of incest, is our idolatry, is our insanity.
"Patriotism" is its cult. It should hardly be necessary to say, that by
"patriotism" I mean that attitude which puts the own nation above humanit=
y,
above the principles of truth and justice; not the loving interest in one=
's own
nation, which is the concern with the nation's spiritual as much as with =
its
material welfare --never with its power over other nations. Just as love =
for one
individual which excludes the love for others is not love, love for one's=

country which is not part of one's love for humanity is not love, but ido=
latrous
worship. =

=97Erich Fromm =

Patriotism is the willingness to kill and be killed for trivial reasons.
=97Bertrand Russell =

Patriotism is a pernicious, psychopathic form of idiocy. =

=97George Bernard Shaw =

A politician will do anything to keep his job even become a patriot. =

=97 William Randolph Hearst (1863-1951) US newspaper publisher, Recalled =
on his
death 14 Aug 1951 =

A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his governme=
nt. =

=97 Edward Abbey (1927-1989) US author =

The West won the world not by the superiority of its ideas or values or r=
eligion
but rather by its superiority in applying organized violence. Westerners =
often
forget this fact, non-Westerners never do.
=97Samuel P. Huntington =

The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is gen=
erally
employed only by small children and large nations. =

=97David Friedman =

-- =

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
Gunner

On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 18:27:59 GMT, Abrasha wrote:

The direct use of force is such a poor solution to any problem, it is generally
employed only by small children and large nations.
—David Friedman

--
Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com

"The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil Constitution,
are worth defending at all hazards; and it is our duty to defend them
against all attacks. We have received them as a fair inheritance from
our worthy ancestors: they purchased them for us with toil and danger
and expense of treasure and blood, and transmitted them to us with
care and diligence. It will bring an everlasting mark of infamy on the
present generation, enlightened as it is, if we should suffer them to
be wrested from us by violence without a struggle, or to be cheated
out of them by the artifices of false and designing men." -- Samuel
Adams

"A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation's flag, sees not the flag
only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its
insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles,
the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation which belongs to
the Nation that sets it forth." -- Henry Ward Beecher

"God bless America, land that I love,
Stand beside her, and guide her,
Through the night, with the light from above,
From the mountains, to the prairies
To the oceans, white with foam
God bless America, my home sweet home,
God bless America! My Home Sweet Home!" --Irving Berlin, God Bless
America

"We can't all be Washingtons, but we can all be patriots." -- Charles
F. Browne

"Patriotism is easy to understand in America; it means looking out for
yourself by looking out for your country."-- Calvin Coolidge

"True patriotism hates injustice in its own land more than anywhere
else." -- Clarence Darrow

"Our country! In her intercourse with foreign nations, may she always
be in the right; but our country, right or wrong!" -- Steven Decatur

"And I'm proud to be an American,
Where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me
And I'll proudly stand up next to him to defend her still today,
Cuz there aint no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA" -- Lee Greenwood, Proud To Be An American

"I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country." --
Nathan Hale's last words before being hanged by British.

"Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace--but there is no peace. The war is
actually begun! The next gale that sweeps from the north will bring to
our ears the clash of resounding arms! Our brethren are already in the
field! Why stand we here idle? What is it that gentlemen wish? What
would they have? Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be
purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God!
I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty
or give me death!" -- Patrick Henry

"When I die, I desire no better winding sheet than the Stars and
Stripes, and no softer pillow than the Constitution of my country." --
Andrew Johnson

"American Girls and American Guys
We'll always stand up and salute
We'll always recognize
When we see Old Glory Flying
There's a lot of men dead
So we can sleep in peace at night
When we lay down our head." -- Toby Keith, Courtesy of the Red, White,
& Blue

"Justice will be served
And the battle will rage
This big dog will fight
When you rattle his cage
And you'll be sorry that you messed with
The U.S. of A.
'Cause we'll put a boot in your *ss
It's the American way" -- Toby Keith, Courtesy of the Red, White, &
Blue

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we
shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any
friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and success of
liberty." -- John F. Kennedy

"(W)e here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain;
that this nation shall have a new birth of freedom; and that this
government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not
perish from the earth." -- Abe Lincoln in the Gettysburg Address

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and
lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." --
Abraham Lincoln

"We must always remember that America is a great nation today not
because of what government did for people but because of what people
did for themselves and for one another." -- Richard Nixon

"Our citizenship in the United States is our national character. Our
citizenship in any particular state is only our local distinction. By
the latter we are known at home, by the former to the world. Our great
title is AMERICANS…" -- Thomas Paine

"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the
sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of
their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks
of man and woman." -- Thomas Paine

"Over the years, the United States has sent many of its fine young men
and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders.
The only amount of land we have ever asked for in return is enough to
bury those that did not return." -- Colin Powell

"I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and
to the Republic for which it stands. One nation under God,
indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." -- The Pledge Of
Allegiance

"You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our
children (America), the last best hope of man on earth, or we will
sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of
darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children's
children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that
could be done." -- Ronald Reagan

"And how stands the city on this winter night? More prosperous, more
secure, and happier than it was 8 years ago. But more than that: After
200 years, two centuries, she still stands strong and true on the
granite ridge, and her glow has held steady no matter what storm. And
she's still a beacon, still a magnet for all who must have freedom,
for all the pilgrims from all the lost places who are hurtling through
the darkness, toward home." -- Ronald Reagan

"In closing, let me thank you, the American people, for giving me the
great honor of allowing me to serve as your president. When the Lord
calls me home, whenever that day may be, I will leave with the
greatest love for this country of ours and eternal optimism for its
future. I now begin the journey that will lead me into the sunset of
my life. I know that for America there will always be a bright dawn
ahead" -- Ronald Reagan

"Americanism means the virtues of courage, honor, justice, truth,
sincerity, and hardihood -- the virtues that made America." -- Teddy
Roosevelt

"Yonder are the Hessians. They were bought for seven pounds and
tenpence a man. Are you worth more? Prove it. Tonight the American
flag floats from yonder hill or Molly Stark sleeps a widow!" -- John
Stark at the Battle of Bennington in 1777

"I venture to suggest that partiotism is not a short and frenzied
outburst of emotion but the tranquil and steady dedication of a
lifetime." -- Adali Stevenson

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man, brave,
hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join
him, For then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

"I shall know but one country. The ends I aim at shall be my
country’s, my God’s and Truth’s. I was born an American; I live an
American; I shall die an American." -- Daniel Webster

"Sure I wave the American flag. Do you know a better flag to wave?
Sure I love my country with all her faults. I'm not ashamed of that,
never have been, never will be." -- John Wayne

"The things that the flag stands for were created by the experiences
of a great people. Everything that it stands for was written by their
lives. The flag is the embodiment, not of sentiment, but of history."
-- Woodrow Wilson

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.
Abrasha

Gunner wrote:

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and
lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." --
Abraham Lincoln

Amen!

And we seem well on our merry way in doing just that!

Abrasha
http://www.abrasha.com
jim rozen

In article , Gunner says...

"And I'm proud to be an American,
Where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me
And I'll proudly stand up next to him to defend her still today,
Cuz there aint no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA" -- Lee Greenwood, Proud To Be An American

Possibly *the* worst country & western song
ever written.

Patriotism, the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jim

please reply to:

Alan Moore

wrote:

That was no earthquake. That was God reading your last two posts.

I always thought God had better aim than that.

Al Moore

He does. One would assume he crushed two Lefties today.

In Paso Robles? Were there as many as two there? Wouldn't He have done
better to strike at San Francisco?

Al Moore
Carl Byrns

On 23 Dec 2003 11:34:14 -0800, jim rozen
wrote:

In article , Gunner says...

"And I'm proud to be an American,
Where at least I know I'm free,
And I won't forget the men who died,
Who gave that right to me
And I'll proudly stand up next to him to defend her still today,
Cuz there aint no doubt I love this land,
God bless the USA" -- Lee Greenwood, Proud To Be An American

Possibly *the* worst country & western song
ever written.

No, that would be "Achy Breaky Heart".

Didn''t somebody use "Proud To Be An American" to sell pickup trucks,
or power tools, or aftershave?

-Carl "This land is your land, this land is my land...."
Gunner

wrote:

That was no earthquake. That was God reading your last two posts.

I always thought God had better aim than that.

Al Moore

He does. One would assume he crushed two Lefties today.

In Paso Robles? Were there as many as two there? Wouldn't He have done
better to strike at San Francisco?

Al Moore

See the humor impaired.

When such an individual in encountered, do not panic. Slowly walk
backwards away from the area. Do not look it directly in the eyes. Do
not make menacing moves. Report the incident ASAP to the Bozo Squad.

Gunner
BTW...Paso is NOT a hotbed of conservatism. Cal Poly, etc etc. Its 80
miles from my back door