J. R. Carroll

Default [LAFD] Seismic Activity in California

"Gunner" wrote in message
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 15:07:46 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 08:19:41 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

"Gunner" wrote in message
.. .
On Tue, 23 Dec 2003 03:01:17 GMT, "J. R. Carroll"
wrote:

A Conservative Government is an organized hypocrisy.
Benjamin Disraeli

Liberal: a power worshiper without power.
- George Orwell

A conservative is someone who makes no changes and consults his
grandmother
when in doubt.
Woodrow Wilson

The most fundamental fact about the ideas of the political left is
that they do not work. Therefore we should not be surprised to find
the left concentrated in institutions where ideas do not have to

work
in order to survive.
- Thomas Sowell

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the

swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun

is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC

prof.

The Democrats are the party of government activism, the party that

says
government can make you richer, smarter, taller, and get the chickweed

out
of
your lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't

work,
and
then get elected and prove it.
P. J. O'Rourke

I wonder how many of the people who profess to believe in the leveling
ideas of collectivism and egalitarianism really just believe that they
themselves are good for nothing. I mean, how many leftists are
animated by a quite reasonable self-loathing? In their hearts they
know that they are not going to become scholars or inventors or
industrialists or even ordinary good kind people. So they need a way
to achieve that smugness for which the left is so justifiably famous.
They need a way to achieve self-esteem without merit. Well, there is
politics. In an egalitarian world everything will be controlled by
politics, and politics requires no merit.
- P.J. O'Rourke

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

"You know, I could run for governor but I'm basically a media creation.
I've never done anything. I've worked for my dad. I worked in the oil
business. But that's not the kind of profile you have to have to get

elected
to public office." George W. Bush

"I'll have them ******s voting Democratic for the next two hundred
years." Lyndon Baines Johnson

Gunner

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

From The Washington Post:
Bush said the CIA's doubts about the charge -- that Iraq sought to buy
"yellowcake" uranium ore in Africa -- were "subsequent" to the Jan. 28 State
of the Union speech in which Bush made the allegation. Defending the broader
decision to go to war with Iraq, the president said the decision was made
after he gave Saddam Hussein "a chance to allow the inspectors in, and he
wouldn't let them in."

Bush's position was at odds with those of his own aides, who acknowledged
over the weekend that the CIA raised doubts that Iraq sought to buy uranium
from Niger more than four months before Bush's speech.

The president's assertion that the war began because Iraq did not admit
inspectors appeared to contradict the events leading up to war this spring:
Hussein had, in fact, admitted the inspectors and Bush had opposed extending
their work because he did not believe them effective.

--
John R. Carroll
Machining Solution Software, Inc.