Glenn Ashmore

Default [LAFD] Seismic Activity in California

That was no earthquake. That was God reading your last two posts.

Gunner wrote:

Dear Friend of the Los Angeles Fire Department:

As you may be aware, a significant seismic event has occurred this
morning near the Central Coast of California, approximately 190
miles northwest of Los Angeles.

Though ground motion was felt across a great portion of our State, I
am pleased to report at this time that there is no, I repeat NO
reports of any loss of life, serious injury or significant
structural damage in the City of Los Angeles.

With our nation at a heightened state of alert due to concerns of
potential terrorism, we understand that many people are tense and
concerned. With that in mind, the men and women of the Los Angeles
Fire Department encourage you develop the peace of mind that comes
with being prepared for any foreseeable emergency.

We therefore now encourage you to visit the following website:

http://www.ready.gov

...as well as download and print the Lad's 40 page Emergency
Preparedness Handbook in PDF format:

http://www.lafd.org/ostrich.pdf

Though none of us can predict emergencies, awareness and
preparedness will always be essential. Please help us by doing your
part to be ready.

Respectfully Yours in Safety and Service,

Brian Humphrey
Firefighter/Paramedic
Public Information Officer
Los Angeles Fire Department

For more information, visit the LAFD website: http://www.lafd.org

'If you own a gun and have a swimming pool in the yard, the swimming
pool is almost 100 times more likely to kill a child than the gun is.'"
Steven Levitt, UOC prof.

--
Glenn Ashmore

there of) at: http://www.rutuonline.com