Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BEAR

Default Crannk For Bridgeport - where to get?? Minor TOol gLoAt...

Ok, so I picked up a 2J Bridgeport today.
Minus the motor/springloaded belt pully thingie.
Minus the bit that's in the cup on the left side of the head that
apparently runs the quill feed. (I've yet to use a quill feed... you?)
But with everything else.
Except the knee crank!

Where can I get a knee crank on the cheap?
Used ok. About 25 bucks seems about right to me.

Any other *cheap* source of new/used parts?
Anyone got an insight into import machines that actually use identical
parts??

So, the gloat part is that it was fairly inexpensive, it didn't get
dropped coming off the flatbead/tilt truck, it was within 10 miles of
here. And, the best part is that the Anilam DRO, from the 1970s, with
Beckman gas (neon) readouts which had no fuses in it turned out to be
relatively ok. I was able to repair the thing (electronics I'm good at)
with just a replacement resistor for one of the plug in displays and by
disabling the last digit on the X axis readout (it had zorched and was
drawing WAY too much current) with an exacto knife to the trace. Tested
it and it works jes' fine! :- )

Alls I need is the above parts, some sort of motor (of course) assembly,
and some collets and I'm in biz with mill #2...

Then mill #1 is up for sale...

:-)

_-_-bear
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Errol Groff

Make one. On Monday I can send you pictures of the ones we made for
our machines at school. Been working fine for six years now.

Errol Groff

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

Where can I get a (Bridgeport) knee crank on the cheap?
Used ok. About 25 bucks seems about right to me.

Good luck, pal. Try about 75 bucks, that's the going rate.

They aren't that hard to make.

GWE

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Grant Erwin

erik litchy wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:

Where can I get a (Bridgeport) knee crank on the cheap?
Used ok. About 25 bucks seems about right to me.

Good luck, pal. Try about 75 bucks, that's the going rate.

They aren't that hard to make.

GWE

75? why so much?

Um, supply and demand?

GWE

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Jon Grimm

we have already discussed, when the vari drive has finished its slow painful
death on our seriesII, we'll remove it and belt drive a 3ph motor into the
spindle, and vary the motor with a a VFD

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Merrill

Here's one for $45. No connection; just got curious and searched Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elevating-crank-...QQcmdZViewItem

David Merrill

[...]

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
AL

I bought a genuine bridgeport knee crank for my Maxmill from the ebay seller
"bptpartsrus" about a year ago for around $20-$25.

You can also get an imported crank from Grizzly. It is in their catalog on
the pages with the handwheels, levers, etc.