Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
David Merrill

Default Crannk For Bridgeport - where to get?? Minor TOol gLoAt...

Here's one for $45. No connection; just got curious and searched Ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Elevating-crank-...QQcmdZViewItem

David Merrill

"BEAR" wrote in message

Ok, so I picked up a 2J Bridgeport today.
Minus the motor/springloaded belt pully thingie.
Minus the bit that's in the cup on the left side of the head that
apparently runs the quill feed. (I've yet to use a quill feed... you?)
But with everything else.
Except the knee crank!

Where can I get a knee crank on the cheap?
Used ok. About 25 bucks seems about right to me.

Any other *cheap* source of new/used parts?
Anyone got an insight into import machines that actually use identical
parts??

So, the gloat part is that it was fairly inexpensive, it didn't get
dropped coming off the flatbead/tilt truck, it was within 10 miles of
here. And, the best part is that the Anilam DRO, from the 1970s, with
Beckman gas (neon) readouts which had no fuses in it turned out to be
relatively ok. I was able to repair the thing (electronics I'm good at)
with just a replacement resistor for one of the plug in displays and by
disabling the last digit on the X axis readout (it had zorched and was
drawing WAY too much current) with an exacto knife to the trace. Tested
it and it works jes' fine! :- )

Alls I need is the above parts, some sort of motor (of course) assembly,
and some collets and I'm in biz with mill #2...

Then mill #1 is up for sale...

:-)

_-_-bear