AL A.

Default G-code converter software...

Hi all.
the place I work for is looking to get some software to convert from a CAD
file (likely an AutoCad DXF or something or an Autodesk Inventor file of
some sort) to G code, so that it can be directly loaded into the mill
control.

We are using a Willis CNC mill with an Anilam control. It is a basic 3 axis
setup, and we are doing what I think is fairly garden variety work on it,
ie. no jet turbine wheels, etc.

Cash is REALLY tight, so the cheaper the better, but I am well aware that
you usually get what you pay for. Any suggestions for software that we
should consider?

I would much appreciate some ideas as to where I should start looking.

Thanks for any help!!
-AL

Fred Smith

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 23:59:22 GMT, "AL A." wrote:

Hi all.
the place I work for is looking to get some software to convert from a CAD
file (likely an AutoCad DXF or something or an Autodesk Inventor file of
some sort) to G code, so that it can be directly loaded into the mill
control.

We are using a Willis CNC mill with an Anilam control. It is a basic 3 axis
setup, and we are doing what I think is fairly garden variety work on it,
ie. no jet turbine wheels, etc.

Cash is REALLY tight, so the cheaper the better, but I am well aware that
you usually get what you pay for. Any suggestions for software that we
should consider?

I would much appreciate some ideas as to where I should start looking.

http://www.imsrv.com

Best Regards,

Fred Smith - IMservice

NG and hobby discounts are at

http://www.imsrv.com/hobby
Mark

http://www.yeagerautomation.com
look for ACE converter. It's free, and source code is GPL'd.
/mark

"AL A." wrote:

Hi all.
the place I work for is looking to get some software to convert from a CAD
file (likely an AutoCad DXF or something or an Autodesk Inventor file of
some sort) to G code, so that it can be directly loaded into the mill
control.

We are using a Willis CNC mill with an Anilam control. It is a basic 3 axis
setup, and we are doing what I think is fairly garden variety work on it,
ie. no jet turbine wheels, etc.

Cash is REALLY tight, so the cheaper the better, but I am well aware that
you usually get what you pay for. Any suggestions for software that we
should consider?

I would much appreciate some ideas as to where I should start looking.

Thanks for any help!!
-AL

Bathroom Design Software Trevor Oakley UK diy 7 January 12th 04 06:02 AM
Motor Phases SRF Metalworking 20 October 23rd 03 09:32 AM
OT - PLC Programming Software Ned Simmons Metalworking 6 September 18th 03 09:54 PM
Voltage on Phase Converter Steve Metalworking 2 August 15th 03 09:29 AM
recmd to mark steel part with changing lot code? William Danielson Metalworking 4 July 1st 03 01:57 PM