Trevor Oakley

Default Bathroom Design Software

I am looking for bathroom design software (PC based or Web based).

Does anyone know any?

A cost up to £1000 is OK if the software is good, for a lifetime
licence. I would like 2d layout mostly, but a 3d presentation may be
useful (but not essential). I would like drop and drag features, and
the ability to create different baths in a template, eg airbaths,
jacuzzi, phoenix, etc.

I have searched groups.google.com and found a few links, but the
software is not really suited to bathrooms.

Key elements in the program:

- specificy bath (eg spa, one-person, two-person etc) and position
- position basins, toilets, cistern
- showers (electric, power etc)
- bidet, accessories (eg towel rails)
- heated towel rails (radiators)
- lighting (spot lights etc)
- shower enclosures (eg walk in)
- doorway
- bath filler, standpipes etc (these can be large, eg 30cm high)

The key objective is to get everything to fit and work.
Martin

"Trevor Oakley" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I have seen a number of packages for both professional and DIY use, all of
them stink! even the ones used in stores to persuade people to part with
their hard earned; most look good but fall apart (often big time) on the
bill of materials etc.

Personal opinion: stick to a professional off-the-shelf CAD package and
invest some time getting to know it.

dg

I think MS Visio is a very good 2d drag and drop program, and has a good
range of included pre-drawn blocks - or you can adapt them and save them for
your future drawings. I use it on a Tabletpc and you can get a plan drawn up
in no time in someone's house. Its very quick and easy to use and is
designed as a drag and drop program.

For mainly 3d (and 2d) you wont get better than Sketchup for easy of use,
design options, speed and customer presentation. See www.sketchup.com.

Some of the Autodesk lite products have a comprehensive range of predrawn
blocks available, but the software itself is a bit time consuming to use.

dg

[...]

Trevor Oakley

"Martin" wrote in message

[...]

I sell baths/showers/etc and I need something for my own company.

I have a demo of Chief Architect and it is great software, but not really
for bathrooms. I have also a demo of Articad which looks very good but the
demo is very limited. I have to contact the makers on Monday.

Modern baths vary so much, with freestanding, corner, wide, long, spa, a
more, than bathroom design is more important. I get a lot of calls from
people interested in freestanding baths using standpipes (long pipes from
the floor to the taps). The bath market is changing a lot, and there is a
leap towards to high quality baths, with high capacity. It is more common
that people bath together (eg young children and their mother), or couples.

It would help sell the goods to show a demo of the bathroom.

Personal opinion: stick to a professional off-the-shelf CAD package and
invest some time getting to know it.

Trevor Oakley

"dg" wrote in message
I think MS Visio is a very good 2d drag and drop program, and has a good
range of included pre-drawn blocks - or you can adapt them and save them

for
your future drawings. I use it on a Tabletpc and you can get a plan drawn

up
in no time in someone's house. Its very quick and easy to use and is
designed as a drag and drop program.

For mainly 3d (and 2d) you wont get better than Sketchup for easy of use,
design options, speed and customer presentation. See www.sketchup.com.

I tried sketchup but the options are quite basic. Are there additional
libraries for it. The Plumbing library but it had no bath at all.

[...]

Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"Martin" writes:

"Trevor Oakley" wrote in message
om...

I am looking for bathroom design software (PC based or Web based).

I have seen a number of packages for both professional and DIY use, all of
them stink!

Didn't know they had got that realistic ;-)

--
Andrew Gabriel
dg

Sketchup is a unique product. It should be considered more for conceptual
design rather than true 'CAD'

There are additional blocks in the site forum, but as things are so easy to
draw or convert from other CAD files, then its easy to build up your own
library. It can take a couple of minutes to extrude a bath or shower tray
and about the same to convert a 'dwg block to 3d

After all, how many different types of things do you need for a bathroom?

I have shown internal perspectives of bathrooms done quickly on Sketchup,
and these have won work purely on how much the client was impressed with the
model.

dg

"dg" wrote in message
[...]

Trevor Oakley

"dg" wrote in message
Sketchup is a unique product. It should be considered more for conceptual
design rather than true 'CAD'

There are additional blocks in the site forum, but as things are so easy

draw or convert from other CAD files, then its easy to build up your own
library. It can take a couple of minutes to extrude a bath or shower tray
and about the same to convert a 'dwg block to 3d

After all, how many different types of things do you need for a bathroom?

I have shown internal perspectives of bathrooms done quickly on Sketchup,
and these have won work purely on how much the client was impressed with

the
model.

Clients like to see demos, and be pampered, especially when they are
spending £3-5K on a new bathroom.

dg

"dg" wrote in message
[...]

20-20 Kitchen Design V6.1,Cabinet Vision Solid, Planit Millennium II [2CDs], TurboCAD Pro V9.0 [3 CDs] ( Turbocad Pro V9.0, TurboCad Deluxe 9.2FloorPlan v7.3, TurboProject Express v4S), Big Hammer Do It Yourself(Deck Designer v1, Fence Designer v5, P TEL UK diy 1 May 24th 05 04:09 PM
Help - bathroom fitting information needed!? al UK diy 10 January 13th 04 10:47 AM
3-D Design Software Roger Mills UK diy 8 October 5th 03 05:58 AM
House Building Design Software? Reteplav UK diy 1 September 8th 03 02:08 AM
Furniture Design Software Dave P-B UK diy 2 August 31st 03 11:16 PM