Trevor Oakley

Default Bathroom Design Software

"Martin" wrote in message

"Trevor Oakley" wrote in message
om...
I am looking for bathroom design software (PC based or Web based).

Does anyone know any?

A cost up to £1000 is OK if the software is good, for a lifetime
licence. I would like 2d layout mostly, but a 3d presentation may be
useful (but not essential). I would like drop and drag features, and
the ability to create different baths in a template, eg airbaths,
jacuzzi, phoenix, etc.

I have searched groups.google.com and found a few links, but the
software is not really suited to bathrooms.

Key elements in the program:

- specificy bath (eg spa, one-person, two-person etc) and position
- position basins, toilets, cistern
- showers (electric, power etc)
- bidet, accessories (eg towel rails)
- heated towel rails (radiators)
- lighting (spot lights etc)
- shower enclosures (eg walk in)
- doorway
- bath filler, standpipes etc (these can be large, eg 30cm high)

The key objective is to get everything to fit and work.

I have seen a number of packages for both professional and DIY use, all of
them stink! even the ones used in stores to persuade people to part with
their hard earned; most look good but fall apart (often big time) on the
bill of materials etc.

I sell baths/showers/etc and I need something for my own company.

I have a demo of Chief Architect and it is great software, but not really
for bathrooms. I have also a demo of Articad which looks very good but the
demo is very limited. I have to contact the makers on Monday.

Modern baths vary so much, with freestanding, corner, wide, long, spa, a
more, than bathroom design is more important. I get a lot of calls from
people interested in freestanding baths using standpipes (long pipes from
the floor to the taps). The bath market is changing a lot, and there is a
leap towards to high quality baths, with high capacity. It is more common
that people bath together (eg young children and their mother), or couples.

It would help sell the goods to show a demo of the bathroom.

Personal opinion: stick to a professional off-the-shelf CAD package and
invest some time getting to know it.