monkers

Default OT picture quality on computer??

We just got our computer back from repairs and I have noticed that some
(not all) pictures are "grainy", if that is the correct term, you can
see the photo, but it appears in squares like it isnt fully loaded.
Does this make any sense, I dont know if Im explaining it correct or
not. The photos we had saved from our digital camera look fine, but I
was looking at some photos of other peoples work and they appeared this
way (they didnt before the repair) Is there some setting for quality I
can adjust? Thank you for the help,
Craig

Jim Stewart

monkers wrote:

We just got our computer back from repairs and I have noticed that some
(not all) pictures are "grainy", if that is the correct term, you can
see the photo, but it appears in squares like it isnt fully loaded.
Does this make any sense, I dont know if Im explaining it correct or
not. The photos we had saved from our digital camera look fine, but I
was looking at some photos of other peoples work and they appeared this
way (they didnt before the repair) Is there some setting for quality I
can adjust? Thank you for the help,
Craig

Assuming you're running Win in classic mode:

Start Settings Control Panel Display Settings

Play with the Screen Resolution and Color Quality

Jim Stewart wrote:
monkers wrote:

We just got our computer back from repairs and I have noticed that some
(not all) pictures are "grainy", if that is the correct term, you can
see the photo, but it appears in squares like it isnt fully loaded.
Does this make any sense, I dont know if Im explaining it correct or
not. The photos we had saved from our digital camera look fine, but I
was looking at some photos of other peoples work and they appeared this
way (they didnt before the repair) Is there some setting for quality I
can adjust? Thank you for the help,
Craig

Assuming you're running Win in classic mode:

Start Settings Control Panel Display Settings

Play with the Screen Resolution and Color Quality

What he said. Screen resolution and color depth.

You might check that the repair shop has restored the correct drivers
for the video card and not just set it back to VGA. If there are no
options for screen resolution than 640 x 480 you will need to reload
drivers.

Greg Krynen

Since it is not affecting your personal pictures I have to assume that the
other pictures are at a different resolution. Depending on the program you
are using to view them it may affect the quality. If their pictures are
lower resolution then the program may be blowing them up beyond what the
picture can handle.

What program are you using?

wrote in message
oups.com...

Jim Stewart wrote:
monkers wrote:

[...]

Anthony

"Greg Krynen" wrote in

What program are you using?

Irfanview is 'da bomb for image viewing.
http://www.irfanview.com

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email

mj

Actually you can do that same thing by right clicking anywhere on the
desktop and then selecting Settings. Two steps. Easy Beans.
MJ

Unknown

On 9 Nov 2005 15:30:11 -0800, "mj" wrote:

,;Actually you can do that same thing by right clicking anywhere on the
,;desktop and then selecting Settings. Two steps. Easy Beans.
,;MJ

Actually three steps to settings. (1)Right-click, (2)properties, and
then (3)Settings

and then some more clicking to change the settings.
Dave Hinz

On 9 Nov 2005 09:21:52 -0800, monkers wrote:
We just got our computer back from repairs and I have noticed that some
(not all) pictures are "grainy", if that is the correct term, you can
see the photo, but it appears in squares like it isnt fully loaded.
Does this make any sense, I dont know if Im explaining it correct or
not. The photos we had saved from our digital camera look fine, but I
was looking at some photos of other peoples work and they appeared this
way (they didnt before the repair) Is there some setting for quality I
can adjust? Thank you for the help,

Have you downloaded a "web accellerator" from your ISP or someone else?
The way they make downloads faster, is to downsample the graphics at
download time.

It's help, too, if you'd give any information at all about your OS.
Since you didn't, I'm going to guess Windows XP Home Edition. how'd I
do?

monkers

Yes, its Windows XP, home edition I assume, just tried setting
resolution, print became finer and well defined but the pictures were
still choppy looking. I`ll ask my wife about the program, as you can
tell Im pretty computer stupid. Now you mention an "accellerator",
there is a small symbol at the bottom of the screen now that reads "
Turbo Charger Enabled" that was never there, is this what you are
talking about? Thanks again for all the help,
Craig

monkers

Ok, I tried playing with the settings on the accellerator, then turning
it off all together, and adjusting the resolution still didnt clear up
the photos. Will have to see what program is viewing the photos.

Dave Hinz

On 9 Nov 2005 18:06:44 -0800, monkers wrote:
Yes, its Windows XP, home edition I assume, just tried setting
resolution, print became finer and well defined but the pictures were
still choppy looking.

This has nothing to do with your screen resolution or color depth
settings. We know this because your digital camera's pictures are
right, just what you download is not.

I`ll ask my wife about the program, as you can
tell Im pretty computer stupid. Now you mention an "accellerator",
there is a small symbol at the bottom of the screen now that reads "
Turbo Charger Enabled" that was never there, is this what you are
talking about?

Bingo. Uninstall that sucker (start - control panel - add or remove
programs) and you'll be back to normal. Also be aware that many of
those types of programs come with spyware, so after you uninstall it,
run a full spyware scan to make sure you haven't been compromised.

Dave Hinz

Dave Hinz

On 9 Nov 2005 18:24:15 -0800, monkers wrote:
Ok, I tried playing with the settings on the accellerator, then turning
it off all together, and adjusting the resolution still didnt clear up
the photos. Will have to see what program is viewing the photos.

Try downloading _new_ photos, you're probably seeing the cached copies
you downloaded when the program was still running.