Harold & Susan Vordos

Default OUR PRIORITIES (was The Maytag Man came by today)

"Lennie the Lurker" wrote in message
om...
"Harold & Susan Vordos" wrote in message

The one place I disagree with you, and TOTALLY, is taxing business

entities.
Business does not pay tax, only consumers do. Regardless of the degree

of
taxation, industry will pass along to the consumer every dime through
pricing of their goods or services, so who is really paying the tax?

I do object to St Gobain glass and Aire Liquide paying a lower
tax rate on their property than I pay on my residence. Especially
since the parent companies are both in france, our totally unreliable
allies.

'Nuff said! :-) Good exception to my comment. We shouldn't be paying
their share of taxes, and as individuals we won't as long as we don't buy
their products. They're not like gasoline, a product that effects all of us
one way or another.

New computer coming today, 2.66ghz P4, one gig memory, 120 gig hard
drive. Linux box, screw anything micro$oft. Tired of windoze
crashing on frame 230 of a 500 frame animation. SuSe linux 9.0 Pro
edition. Got win XP on the 2 ghz pentium now, haven't found anything
it will run without crashing reliably. Just say no to anything
micro$oft touched, it's polluted.

Sort of makes my 1 Ghz machine look a bit outdated, yes?

I don't have a clue about any operating system but Windose, thus I'm not
unhappy with what I have. I've had very few problems, nothing worthy of
mention. Likely a sign of ignorance being bliss, though, if the Widows
hating crowd is right. Mean time, try to not educate me so I become unhappy
with what I have, I can't afford to upgrade. :-)

How about a report on the new computer after you get used to it? I can't
even imagine one that runs that fast.

Harold

Harold & Susan Vordos

wrote in message

Our state government had a proposal that politicians election
expenses be paid from public funds. There was a stink when it came
out that the opposition party had secretly agreed to it and it was
quietly dropped.

I actually think it is a good idea.

Each candidate be allowed one A4 leaflet per elector at public
expense, to be bundled in one envelope with all the other candidates
leaflets and posted in one mailing.

Thats it

- no radio/TV/magazine advertising/lies, including political party
advertising.

That would never fly. Makes too much senes! :-)

Harold