Nick Müller

Default Tungsten electrodes for armor piercing bullets

Ignoramus26744 wrote:

I could, conceivably, cast some bullets

And how will you melt it? Assuming you would.
Tungsten has a melting point of 3400°C.

Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
Gunner Asch

On Tue, 01 Nov 2005 02:10:50 GMT, Ignoramus8862
wrote:

On Mon, 31 Oct 2005 16:07:34 +0100, Nick Müller wrote:
Ignoramus26744 wrote:

I could, conceivably, cast some bullets

And how will you melt it? Assuming you would.
Tungsten has a melting point of 3400°C.

I would cast lead bullets around a tungsten core

drunk

Just drill a hole in it using a collet in your lathe, and press the
tungsten in. Also works with jacketed bullets.

Ive spent a fair bit of time making hollow points out of cast semi
wadcutters using a second ops lathe. Works well on coyotes and
bunnies.

If the bullet is of sufficient diameter..drilling and inserting a
starting pistol .22 blank can make an interesting projectile as well.
Or so its been said. I think I read it somewhere....thats it..read it.

Gunner

for torturing the cat." Gunner
Mark Rand

Ignoramus26744 wrote:

I could, conceivably, cast some bullets

And how will you melt it? Assuming you would.
Tungsten has a melting point of 3400°C.

I would cast lead bullets around a tungsten core

drunk

Just drill a hole in it using a collet in your lathe, and press the
tungsten in. Also works with jacketed bullets.

Ive spent a fair bit of time making hollow points out of cast semi
wadcutters using a second ops lathe. Works well on coyotes and
bunnies.

If the bullet is of sufficient diameter..drilling and inserting a
starting pistol .22 blank can make an interesting projectile as well.
Or so its been said. I think I read it somewhere....thats it..read it.

Gunner

Which way around?

Mark Rand
RTFM
Gunner Asch

Ignoramus26744 wrote:

I could, conceivably, cast some bullets

And how will you melt it? Assuming you would.
Tungsten has a melting point of 3400°C.

I would cast lead bullets around a tungsten core

drunk

Just drill a hole in it using a collet in your lathe, and press the
tungsten in. Also works with jacketed bullets.

Ive spent a fair bit of time making hollow points out of cast semi
wadcutters using a second ops lathe. Works well on coyotes and
bunnies.

If the bullet is of sufficient diameter..drilling and inserting a
starting pistol .22 blank can make an interesting projectile as well.
Or so its been said. I think I read it somewhere....thats it..read it.

Gunner

Which way around?

Mark Rand
RTFM

Rim outwards of course. What hits first?