John

Default URGENTLY need to find out a VIN number of bike motor

Ignoramus21002 wrote:

People, I really need help here.

I already know that the motor serial number
starts with R737. I do not need that.

If you look closer at the serial number
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/suzuki-motor/dscf0005.jpg
you'll see that the 'P' in the serial number P7.37 - 115840
has been changed to an 'R', probably with an chisel. HTH
--
I'm getting old, I can't make up my mind:
When my glass is full, I want it empty.
Boris Mohar

On Sat, 29 Oct 2005 09:41:39 -0400, John wrote:

Ignoramus21002 wrote:

People, I really need help here.

I already know that the motor serial number
starts with R737. I do not need that.

If you look closer at the serial number
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/suzuki-motor/dscf0005.jpg
you'll see that the 'P' in the serial number P7.37 - 115840
has been changed to an 'R', probably with an chisel. HTH

I doubt it. If that were true than you would be able to see where the lower
end of curve of P touches the perpendicular. It is stops at the diagonal.
It is just the weird font design.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things) http://www.viatrack.ca

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

mike

Boris Mohar wrote in
:

Ignoramus21002 wrote:

People, I really need help here.

I already know that the motor serial number
starts with R737. I do not need that.

If you look closer at the serial number
http://igor.chudov.com/tmp/suzuki-motor/dscf0005.jpg
you'll see that the 'P' in the serial number P7.37 - 115840
has been changed to an 'R', probably with an chisel. HTH

I doubt it. If that were true than you would be able to see where the
lower end of curve of P touches the perpendicular. It is stops at the
diagonal. It is just the weird font design.

Regards,

Boris Mohar

Got Knock? - see:
Viatrack Printed Circuit Designs (among other things)
http://www.viatrack.ca

void _-void-_ in the obvious place

As several have said before it's a Suzuki GSX-r 750, 2001 or 2002 if it
has the mag clutch side cases. The motor / chassis series for these years
was R737 so the numbers not been changed. There will only be one ID
number on the engine and the photo linked above shows the only number of
record. VIN numbers on a Bike in all countries, not just the US is on the
left side of the headstock, usually stamped, not plated and they're not
always 17 chrs. The Vin number will be the same as the engine number or
with a manufacturers code added at the front, again as others have said.
The numbers should match so the motor number sequence should show in a
vin number search. The '****lacquer' finish is actually stock. The alloy
is fairly exotic and corrodes easily so its laquered from factory. This
is a water cooled fully enclosed bike where the engine is not easily
visible or open to the elements and so it will look shiney out the frame
regardless of its history.

Unless the OP paid for or has a need for the motor he should get Fedex to
come pick it up again and save the agrovation. It has little resale value
without provenance..
Martin H. Eastburn

I agree with the weird font design - the R/P 737 looks different than the rest -
it is likely the RY MM Is that Royal Year 73 month 7 maybe ? Their dates are based
not on our calendar... Oh - it must be R7 37 as the Previous Emperor passed.
I propose it is Royal 7 work week 37 and the run number or Royal 7 month 3 day 7 and run number.

I suggest taking the picture to a Suzuki dealer and asking for help.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life