william_b_noble

Default FS - anyone want this nice meter for their power generator?

new Weston panel meter, calibrated in "percent of rated current", with
scales for 50 cps and 60 cps (that dates it, no?), model 1534, it says
"FS=5A" which makes me think that full scale will be 5 amps, it's marked
"sealed, do not open, ruggedized", 2.5 inch round meter, total OD with
flange is about 3.5 inches, box includes an envelope of mounting hardware.
I believe this came off of aircraft ground support equipment. $6 for the
meter, I don't think the box will fit in a flat rate envelope, and in the
box it weighs a little over a pound, so let's say $5 for shipping.

let me know if you want this (there may be more, I dont' know yet - found a
new source of interesting goodies)

--
Bill

to Email me, repair this address and use it:
william_ b_ noble at msn dot com

also check out http://www.wbnoble.com

The 5A current rating suggests that it was meant to be used with a
current transformer, not directly on the power line itself. These are
round or sometimes square plastic cases with a round central hole and
two terminals.

jw

william_b_noble

either a current transformer, or a shunt of some kind, I suppose - but all I
have is this meter. it is an AC meter - I just tested that fact - it has a
red dot on the back, presumably the standard MIL inspector's dot rather than
an indicator of the positive terminal. Anyway, 5 amps AC might be useful
to measure, and a shunt is just a length of wire

wrote in message
oups.com...
The 5A current rating suggests that it was meant to be used with a
current transformer, not directly on the power line itself. These are
round or sometimes square plastic cases with a round central hole and
two terminals.

jw

Martin H. Eastburn

Make a shunt - and calibrate it 5 amps reading 1 amp. Then your meter is 25 amps.
Likewise in reverse.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

william_b_noble wrote:
either a current transformer, or a shunt of some kind, I suppose - but all I
have is this meter. it is an AC meter - I just tested that fact - it has a
red dot on the back, presumably the standard MIL inspector's dot rather than
an indicator of the positive terminal. Anyway, 5 amps AC might be useful
to measure, and a shunt is just a length of wire

wrote in message
oups.com...

The 5A current rating suggests that it was meant to be used with a
current transformer, not directly on the power line itself. These are
round or sometimes square plastic cases with a round central hole and
two terminals.

jw

Underground wiring questions... guest987 Home Repair 52 February 2nd 05 01:52 AM
Old Man Winter Will Hit Us Tonight! Maryjoe Home Repair 29 February 2nd 04 06:26 AM
Earthing Sparks UK diy 17 December 8th 03 10:57 PM
Generator Grounding PoP UK diy 10 November 13th 03 12:29 PM
Generator Experience [email protected] Home Ownership 10 October 12th 03 01:28 AM