william_b_noble

Default FS - anyone want this nice meter for their power generator?

either a current transformer, or a shunt of some kind, I suppose - but all I
have is this meter. it is an AC meter - I just tested that fact - it has a
red dot on the back, presumably the standard MIL inspector's dot rather than
an indicator of the positive terminal. Anyway, 5 amps AC might be useful
to measure, and a shunt is just a length of wire

wrote in message
oups.com...
The 5A current rating suggests that it was meant to be used with a
current transformer, not directly on the power line itself. These are
round or sometimes square plastic cases with a round central hole and
two terminals.

jw