Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Joe AutoDrill

Default Needle Bearing Removal Q's

Yowza... Not a big problem for me as we have a work around... But I sure
could use a better process... So...

Some of my multiple spindle heads have small needle bearings installed to
support the shafts laterally while they drill vertically... Some of these
are as small as .250" ID up to around .400" ID.

Most are installed in aluminum and steel blind holes with no way of pushing
them out from behind.

Anyone know of a tool or method of removing these without damaging the
housing (esp. aluminum) that they are mounted in?

In some cases, they are double stacked and are of either the same size or
two sizes - larger ID and OD unit on top of a smaller one in a blind hole
below, etc. When stacked, they have thrust bearings between or a step in
the housing if thrust is not an issue.

Any ideas, assistance, etc would be greatly appreciated. ...Especially if
it is a tool or manual process rather than EDM, etc.

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.
(800) 871-5022
(908) 542-0244

V8013-R

Surface grinder bearing questions Dave Metalworking 0 September 22nd 05 04:38 PM
pulling a stuck ball bearing Grant Erwin Metalworking 9 December 20th 04 05:01 AM
Removing Timken Tapered Bearing From Spindle [email protected] Metalworking 3 December 14th 04 08:05 PM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Sorghum Mill Repair John Normile Metalworking 12 September 13th 04 07:24 PM