DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Jim Stewart wrote:
DoN. Nichols wrote:
In article ,
Kevin wrote:

Unnamed Posters ? Let's call a spade a spade or Cliff is a dickhead that
should be banned by the Moderator !

Perhaps -- but this is an unmoderated group, so there *is* no
moderator to ban him. (Nor or most usenet newsgroups moderated. Only a
very few are.

If you feel strongly about it, you can call for a shun.

*I* don't feel that strongly about it. I was simply pointing
out why he was not "banned by the Moderator".

I simply use my killfile actively.

It's been effective in the past on flat-out troublemakers.
It's doubtful there would be enough of a consenses to
get it to work on Cliff, however.

Agreed.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Mike Henry wrote:

"Don Stauffer" wrote in message
How about splitting rcm? One subgroup rec.crafts.metalworking.off-topic
and the second rec.crafts.metalworking.on-topic.

Seriously, folks, this group is the worst I subscribe to for OT junk, and
makes it a pain to scroll through the day's messages. For those that must
discuss these OT topics, how about joining some other groups where this
stuff would be on topic, and freeing up this group a bit.

It would help a lot if posters would stop cross-posting, at least on the
political crap. Not likely to happen though and it's more productive to
just move on. Some do so, by remaining here and just ignoring the crap,
others seem to have given up all together and gone elsewhere. Fitch
Williams and Jack Erbes, amongst others fall into the latter group.

Both significant losses.

DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
Robert Swinney

Last I heard, Fitch has taken a long term sabbatical to retire, move from CA
to PE, design and build a new house. Let's hope he comes back.

Bob Swinney