himog

Default wtb MT2 collets

Where can I buy new MT2 collets?

Lance A Boyle

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...ProductID=1752

Lance

himog wrote:

Where can I buy new MT2 collets?

Brian Lawson

Hey Himog,

Give us a clue as to where you might be located. That's always
helpful for these kinds of questions.

See that Larry!!!!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
On 2 Aug 2005 23:40:17 -0700, "himog" wrote:

Where can I buy new MT2 collets?

Larry Jaques

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:59:35 -0400, the opaque Brian Lawson
clearly wrote:

Hey Himog,

Give us a clue as to where you might be located. That's always
helpful for these kinds of questions.

See that Larry!!!!

Ayup. Born every minute. gd&r

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends
-- http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development --
himog

Since MT2 collets don't weigh much, I am willing to have them shipped.
Besides, if I get results from more places, it is more likely that I
will get something useful.

himog

All right, where can I get more like these, such as the 5/8 and 3/4 in
the picture? It seems obvious that these inexpensive collets are being
made in more sizes. Where can I get them individually or in more
comprehensive sets?

Grant Erwin

himog wrote:

Since MT2 collets don't weigh much, I am willing to have them shipped.
Besides, if I get results from more places, it is more likely that I
will get something useful.

Why don't you just buy some? They are readily available lots of places e.g.
http://www.victornet.com

GWE
Mungo Bulge

You're joking, right? A MT2 collet with a 5/8" hole through it. Cool?
Even better. What do you call an MT2 collet with a 3/4" hole in it?
AIR.

"himog" wrote in message
oups.com...
| All right, where can I get more like these, such as the 5/8 and 3/4
in
| the picture? It seems obvious that these inexpensive collets are
being
| made in more sizes. Where can I get them individually or in more
| comprehensive sets?

Mike Henry

I'm pretty sure that MT2 collets max out at 1/2". Much bigger and the
entire collet will be taken up with the collet bore. Were you perhaps
thinking of end mill holders?

"himog" wrote in message
oups.com...
All right, where can I get more like these, such as the 5/8 and 3/4 in
the picture? It seems obvious that these inexpensive collets are being
made in more sizes. Where can I get them individually or in more
comprehensive sets?

Peter Wiley

I have 5/8" and 3/4" MT2 collets. The dia doesn't go right thru the
collet body, obviously, but they do exist.

And yes, I do know the difference between a collet & an end mill holder.

To the OP, go buy a collet chuck with a MT2 shank, using ER32 collets.
Lot less hassle than swapping collets all the time.

PDW

In article , Mike Henry
wrote:

I'm pretty sure that MT2 collets max out at 1/2". Much bigger and the
entire collet will be taken up with the collet bore. Were you perhaps
thinking of end mill holders?

"himog" wrote in message
oups.com...
All right, where can I get more like these, such as the 5/8 and 3/4 in
the picture? It seems obvious that these inexpensive collets are being
made in more sizes. Where can I get them individually or in more
comprehensive sets?

Mike Henry

I'm having a hard time visualizing a 3/4" MT2 collet. The nose on the MT2
collets for my Clausing 8520 mill are ~ 0.71" OD, so clearly a 3/4" collet
is not possible in that exact form factor. What am I missing?

. ..

wrote:

I'm pretty sure that MT2 collets max out at 1/2". Much bigger and the
entire collet will be taken up with the collet bore. Were you perhaps
thinking of end mill holders?

"himog" wrote in message
oups.com...
All right, where can I get more like these, such as the 5/8 and 3/4 in
the picture? It seems obvious that these inexpensive collets are being
made in more sizes. Where can I get them individually or in more
comprehensive sets?

Brian Lawson

On 2 Aug 2005 23:40:17 -0700, "himog" wrote:

Where can I buy new MT2 collets?

Busy Bee, KBC, Lee Valley, King Tools.