DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   wtb MT2 collets (https://www.diybanter.com/metalworking/115708-wtb-mt2-collets.html)

himog August 3rd 05 07:40 AM

wtb MT2 collets

Where can I buy new MT2 collets?

Lance A Boyle August 3rd 05 08:01 AM

http://www.littlemachineshop.com/pro...ProductID=1752

Lance

himog wrote:

Where can I buy new MT2 collets?

Brian Lawson August 3rd 05 02:59 PM

Hey Himog,

Give us a clue as to where you might be located. That's always
helpful for these kinds of questions.

See that Larry!!!!

Take care.

Brian Lawson,
Bothwell, Ontario.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Larry Jaques August 3rd 05 04:08 PM

On Wed, 03 Aug 2005 09:59:35 -0400, the opaque Brian Lawson
clearly wrote:

Hey Himog,

Give us a clue as to where you might be located. That's always
helpful for these kinds of questions.

See that Larry!!!!

Ayup. Born every minute. gd&r

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends
-- http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development --

himog August 3rd 05 06:35 PM

Since MT2 collets don't weigh much, I am willing to have them shipped.
Besides, if I get results from more places, it is more likely that I
will get something useful.

himog August 3rd 05 06:38 PM

All right, where can I get more like these, such as the 5/8 and 3/4 in
the picture? It seems obvious that these inexpensive collets are being
made in more sizes. Where can I get them individually or in more
comprehensive sets?

Grant Erwin August 3rd 05 07:00 PM

himog wrote:

Since MT2 collets don't weigh much, I am willing to have them shipped.
Besides, if I get results from more places, it is more likely that I
will get something useful.

Why don't you just buy some? They are readily available lots of places e.g.
http://www.victornet.com

GWE

Mungo Bulge August 4th 05 01:26 AM

You're joking, right? A MT2 collet with a 5/8" hole through it. Cool?
Even better. What do you call an MT2 collet with a 3/4" hole in it?
AIR.

oups.com...

Mike Henry August 4th 05 03:12 AM

I'm pretty sure that MT2 collets max out at 1/2". Much bigger and the
entire collet will be taken up with the collet bore. Were you perhaps
thinking of end mill holders?

oups.com...

Peter Wiley August 4th 05 01:17 PM

I have 5/8" and 3/4" MT2 collets. The dia doesn't go right thru the
collet body, obviously, but they do exist.

And yes, I do know the difference between a collet & an end mill holder.

To the OP, go buy a collet chuck with a MT2 shank, using ER32 collets.
Lot less hassle than swapping collets all the time.

PDW

In article , Mike Henry
wrote:

I'm pretty sure that MT2 collets max out at 1/2". Much bigger and the
entire collet will be taken up with the collet bore. Were you perhaps
thinking of end mill holders?

oups.com...

Mike Henry August 4th 05 02:58 PM

I'm having a hard time visualizing a 3/4" MT2 collet. The nose on the MT2
collets for my Clausing 8520 mill are ~ 0.71" OD, so clearly a 3/4" collet
is not possible in that exact form factor. What am I missing?

. ..

wrote:

I'm pretty sure that MT2 collets max out at 1/2". Much bigger and the
entire collet will be taken up with the collet bore. Were you perhaps
thinking of end mill holders?

oups.com...

Brian Lawson August 4th 05 03:47 PM

On 2 Aug 2005 23:40:17 -0700, "himog" wrote:

Where can I buy new MT2 collets?

Busy Bee, KBC, Lee Valley, King Tools.