Ken Cutt

Default hydraulic jack book/site

Anyone have a book on hydraulic jack repair they want to sell ? Or a
detailed site I can check out . Thanks
Ken Cutt
Dennis van Dam

Ken Cutt wrote:

Anyone have a book on hydraulic jack repair they want to sell ? Or a
detailed site I can check out . Thanks
Ken Cutt

http://www.hyjacks.net/animation.htm

This is a page with an animation on how a bottle jack works. Pretty
simple actually. From this page there are other pages with useful
anecdotal information. Nothing specific on "how to repair" though. For
my 27" jack repair project my web search finally led to a local hydraulic
jack repair shop. Still waiting on a set of seals to get this really
nice hydraulic hand truck (die cart) I inherited pressed back into
service. I'm noticing in the years of my middle age and the perpetual
sore back, how useful/appealing any machinery that hoists a mass is
becoming.

Dennis van Dam
Ken Cutt

Dennis van Dam wrote:
Ken Cutt wrote:

Anyone have a book on hydraulic jack repair they want to sell ? Or a
detailed site I can check out . Thanks
Ken Cutt

http://www.hyjacks.net/animation.htm

This is a page with an animation on how a bottle jack works. Pretty
simple actually. From this page there are other pages with useful
anecdotal information. Nothing specific on "how to repair" though. For
my 27" jack repair project my web search finally led to a local hydraulic
jack repair shop. Still waiting on a set of seals to get this really
nice hydraulic hand truck (die cart) I inherited pressed back into
service. I'm noticing in the years of my middle age and the perpetual
sore back, how useful/appealing any machinery that hoists a mass is
becoming.

Dennis van Dam

Thanks . I have seen this site which made me think it was simple .
Wellll I have several jacks sitting here of which only one is close to
that video in style . The other two must have the springs hidden inside
.. The one that I have that does resemble that video will , now goes up
and down fine but will not hold a load . I think the main seal is gone .
I am not sure it is worth repairing these jacks but I am kinda stubborn
and hate to give up with out a decent fight ;-) . Still hope to find a
detailed book so fixing them only costs a few times what they would to
replace .
Ken Cutt
Larry Jaques

On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:04:10 -0700, the opaque Ken Cutt
clearly wrote:

Thanks . I have seen this site which made me think it was simple .
Wellll I have several jacks sitting here of which only one is close to
that video in style . The other two must have the springs hidden inside
. The one that I have that does resemble that video will , now goes up
and down fine but will not hold a load . I think the main seal is gone .

You might get lucky and find dirt in the check valve or a broken check
valve spring.

I am not sure it is worth repairing these jacks but I am kinda stubborn
and hate to give up with out a decent fight ;-) . Still hope to find a
detailed book so fixing them only costs a few times what they would to
replace .

Yeah, you're "one of us" alright. bseg

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Heart Attacks: God's revenge for eating his little animal friends
-- http://www.diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development --
Ken Cutt

clearly wrote:

Thanks . I have seen this site which made me think it was simple .
Wellll I have several jacks sitting here of which only one is close to
that video in style . The other two must have the springs hidden inside
. The one that I have that does resemble that video will , now goes up
and down fine but will not hold a load . I think the main seal is gone .

You might get lucky and find dirt in the check valve or a broken check
valve spring.

I am not sure it is worth repairing these jacks but I am kinda stubborn
and hate to give up with out a decent fight ;-) . Still hope to find a
detailed book so fixing them only costs a few times what they would to
replace .

Yeah, you're "one of us" alright. bseg

I have polished two valve seats on one already . One on the other as
that is all I can find on it so far . Everything really seems simple and
yet I can not get them working right , DUH ! . Really it is bugging the
heck out of me . This week I split a tractor in two , fixed the
transmission and have that working fine , but a simple jack has me
baffled . I did see one book at Amazon but it is not available .
Hopefully someone will point me in the right direction .
Ken Cutt