Ken Cutt

Larry Jaques wrote:
On Mon, 01 Aug 2005 19:04:10 -0700, the opaque Ken Cutt
clearly wrote:

Thanks . I have seen this site which made me think it was simple .
Wellll I have several jacks sitting here of which only one is close to
that video in style . The other two must have the springs hidden inside
. The one that I have that does resemble that video will , now goes up
and down fine but will not hold a load . I think the main seal is gone .

You might get lucky and find dirt in the check valve or a broken check
valve spring.

I am not sure it is worth repairing these jacks but I am kinda stubborn
and hate to give up with out a decent fight ;-) . Still hope to find a
detailed book so fixing them only costs a few times what they would to
replace .

Yeah, you're "one of us" alright. bseg

I have polished two valve seats on one already . One on the other as
that is all I can find on it so far . Everything really seems simple and
yet I can not get them working right , DUH ! . Really it is bugging the
heck out of me . This week I split a tractor in two , fixed the
transmission and have that working fine , but a simple jack has me
baffled . I did see one book at Amazon but it is not available .
Hopefully someone will point me in the right direction .
Ken Cutt