dduck

Default cold saw noise help??!

Hello group,

Just got running a used Clausing Startrite model SC350DP cold saw. What
I notice is severe vibration and chatter while cutting. Have two new
blades for saw (McMaster Carr) 14" 280 tooth and 14" 180 tooth. Cutting
on low speed, just cut a 3"x2" .120" tube this made the concrete floor
shake. Is this normal for a cold saw? I guessing it might be O.E.
(operator error) Any help or thoughts?

thanks
Robin S.

"dduck" wrote in message
Hello group,

Just got running a used Clausing Startrite model SC350DP cold saw. What I
notice is severe vibration and chatter while cutting. Have two new blades
for saw (McMaster Carr) 14" 280 tooth and 14" 180 tooth. Cutting on low
speed, just cut a 3"x2" .120" tube this made the concrete floor shake. Is
this normal for a cold saw? I guessing it might be O.E. (operator error)
Any help or thoughts?

Standard proceedure for chatter is to reduce speed (already done) and
increase feed - try pushing harder. Usually works for me...

Regards,

Robin

Mungo Bulge

http://www.sudetco.com/Clausing/Clau...eselection.htm
They recommend a 5mm tooth pitch, you have either a 4 or a 6 mm tooth
pitch. They also recommend 2-3 teeth engaged in work at all times but
not more than 7 teeth.

--
The Road Warrior Hobbit

no -- it's NOT ok to contact this account with services or other
commercial interests
"dduck" wrote in message
| Hello group,
|
| Just got running a used Clausing Startrite model SC350DP cold saw.
What
| I notice is severe vibration and chatter while cutting. Have two
new
| blades for saw (McMaster Carr) 14" 280 tooth and 14" 180 tooth.
Cutting
| on low speed, just cut a 3"x2" .120" tube this made the concrete
floor
| shake. Is this normal for a cold saw? I guessing it might be O.E.
| (operator error) Any help or thoughts?
|
| thanks

Help - Monitor making high pitched noise BW Electronics Repair 10 July 29th 05 10:30 PM
Expected Noise Level of Various Air Conditioners [email protected] Home Repair 15 June 16th 05 04:30 PM
Makita Cordless 18V Drill - Chuck Noise Quddus UK diy 5 June 28th 04 10:09 AM
Hot water from cold tap simulet UK diy 1 May 31st 04 11:10 PM
how do I ensure there is a cold water path to the boilers return BigWallop UK diy 0 July 3rd 03 01:59 PM