Eric R Snow

Default 10th annual PIG ROAST

To All,
It's taken 11 years to get to the tenth annual Snow's Pig Roast. This
is an invitation to anyone here that would like to attend. It's august
6th this year. It always takes place on the first saturday in august.
You can camp out if you want. If you get drunk camping out is
required. It's on Whidbey Island, about 30 miles north of Seattle. If
you would like to attend you must e-mail me to let me know how many
are in your party. I supply the pig and everybody else supplies
potluck food and drink. If there's any pig left over it gets turned
into Carnitas sunday morning and is served for breakfast.
Later,
Eric R Snow
Michelle P

Bummer,
I will be in the area a week later..... A little far for a day trip. I
live on the east coast....
Michelle

Eric R Snow wrote:

To All,
It's taken 11 years to get to the tenth annual Snow's Pig Roast. This
is an invitation to anyone here that would like to attend. It's august
6th this year. It always takes place on the first saturday in august.
You can camp out if you want. If you get drunk camping out is
required. It's on Whidbey Island, about 30 miles north of Seattle. If
you would like to attend you must e-mail me to let me know how many
are in your party. I supply the pig and everybody else supplies
potluck food and drink. If there's any pig left over it gets turned
into Carnitas sunday morning and is served for breakfast.
Later,
Eric R Snow

doo

Whidbey Island... hmmmm..1978, stationed at NAS Whidbey for training on
the jets for the Corps. Beautiful area.
Deception Pass, mushroom hunting (I was 17).
As I recall, that winter got 6" of snow and shut everything down for 3
days... seemed a little strange to me, being from Pennsylvania, where
6" is mild snowfall, until I was told it rarely snows so there's no
need for removal equipment.
August would be a great time of year for a visit/tour for anyone
interested.
Thanks for the invite, Eric. I'll see what SWMBO says..
Ron

Roger Shoaf

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
To All,
It's taken 11 years to get to the tenth annual Snow's Pig Roast.

Since you are having a pig roast why not have it on San Juan Island? Thus
by combining a BBQ with the site of the Pig War you could not only eat but
celebrate the ultimate victory of the US over England where on June 15, 1859
the English employed a specially trained pig to attack American soil and was
shot and killed by an American farmer.

Tensions mounted and under the brilliant military prowess of Capt. George
Pickett (later the Confederate General) the English were held at bay even
though the US forces were severly outnumbered.

Then with the assistance of Kiaser Wilhelm I of Germany, the English troops
were sent packing on November 25, 1872.

No US casualties resulted in this conflict, and the only English loss was
the disputed territory and the pig.

Why does it take 11 years to hold the 10th annual Pig roast?

--

Roger Shoaf

they come up with this striped stuff.

Mike Fields

"doo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whidbey Island... hmmmm..1978, stationed at NAS Whidbey for training on
the jets for the Corps. Beautiful area.
Deception Pass, mushroom hunting (I was 17).
As I recall, that winter got 6" of snow and shut everything down for 3
days... seemed a little strange to me, being from Pennsylvania, where
6" is mild snowfall, until I was told it rarely snows so there's no
need for removal equipment.
August would be a great time of year for a visit/tour for anyone
interested.
Thanks for the invite, Eric. I'll see what SWMBO says..
Ron

You need to understand how people around here deal with snow:
At the first mention of the word "snow" on the news, people drive
as fast as they can to get the best parking places in the ditch - they
don't want to be stranded on the road without a ditch to go into.
Of course we have the goofy convergence zones/micro-climates
around here also (usually just south of Everett) where you can have
18 inches of snow and 5 miles away, the roads are bare.

mikey (who has lived all his life in the Seattle area)

Eric R Snow

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 09:52:44 -0700, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
.. .
[...]

Do you have any idea how long it you have to wait for the Friday
Harbor ferry in august? The one for Whidbey Island is long enough.
And, I don't own ten acres on San Juan Island, but I do on Whidbey.
ERS
Clark Magnuson

Do you have any idea how long it you have to wait for the Friday
Harbor ferry in august? The one for Whidbey Island is long enough.
And, I don't own ten acres on San Juan Island, but I do on Whidbey.
ERS

If the idea is to start a war, Washington state ferry lines are a good
place to get in the mood.

WA state has two women senators and woman governor, and all three anti gun.
Welcome to the woosy state.

Tom Gardner

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
To All,
It's taken 11 years to get to the tenth annual Snow's Pig Roast. This
is an invitation to anyone here that would like to attend. It's august
6th this year. It always takes place on the first saturday in august.
You can camp out if you want. If you get drunk camping out is
required. It's on Whidbey Island, about 30 miles north of Seattle. If
you would like to attend you must e-mail me to let me know how many
are in your party. I supply the pig and everybody else supplies
potluck food and drink. If there's any pig left over it gets turned
into Carnitas sunday morning and is served for breakfast.
Later,
Eric R Snow

Tell me how you do the pig, please. (pork fat rules!) ~salivating~