Mike Fields

"doo" wrote in message
oups.com...
Whidbey Island... hmmmm..1978, stationed at NAS Whidbey for training on
the jets for the Corps. Beautiful area.
Deception Pass, mushroom hunting (I was 17).
As I recall, that winter got 6" of snow and shut everything down for 3
days... seemed a little strange to me, being from Pennsylvania, where
6" is mild snowfall, until I was told it rarely snows so there's no
need for removal equipment.
August would be a great time of year for a visit/tour for anyone
interested.
Thanks for the invite, Eric. I'll see what SWMBO says..
Ron

You need to understand how people around here deal with snow:
At the first mention of the word "snow" on the news, people drive
as fast as they can to get the best parking places in the ditch - they
don't want to be stranded on the road without a ditch to go into.
Of course we have the goofy convergence zones/micro-climates
around here also (usually just south of Everett) where you can have
18 inches of snow and 5 miles away, the roads are bare.

mikey (who has lived all his life in the Seattle area)