Eric R Snow

On Sun, 3 Jul 2005 09:52:44 -0700, "Roger Shoaf"
wrote:

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
.. .
To All,
It's taken 11 years to get to the tenth annual Snow's Pig Roast.

Since you are having a pig roast why not have it on San Juan Island? Thus
by combining a BBQ with the site of the Pig War you could not only eat but
celebrate the ultimate victory of the US over England where on June 15, 1859
the English employed a specially trained pig to attack American soil and was
shot and killed by an American farmer.

Tensions mounted and under the brilliant military prowess of Capt. George
Pickett (later the Confederate General) the English were held at bay even
though the US forces were severly outnumbered.

Then with the assistance of Kiaser Wilhelm I of Germany, the English troops
were sent packing on November 25, 1872.

No US casualties resulted in this conflict, and the only English loss was
the disputed territory and the pig.

Why does it take 11 years to hold the 10th annual Pig roast?

Do you have any idea how long it you have to wait for the Friday
Harbor ferry in august? The one for Whidbey Island is long enough.
And, I don't own ten acres on San Juan Island, but I do on Whidbey.
ERS