EdFielder

Default New low cost DRO

Check out this site-
http://forums.delphiforums.com/Madei...sages/?msg=8.1

Specs look good and price is real good

Grant Erwin

EdFielder wrote:

Check out this site-
http://forums.delphiforums.com/Madei...sages/?msg=8.1

Specs look good and price is real good

Wow, the moderator over there must be snoozin' to let this blatant commercial
traffic through ..

GWE

Grant Erwin

EdFielder wrote:

Check out this site-
http://forums.delphiforums.com/Madei...sages/?msg=8.1

Specs look good and price is real good

Wow, the moderator over there must be snoozin' to let this blatant commercial
traffic through ..

Moderator?

Yes, that isn't a UUNET newsgroup, it's a private forum. Postings to those are
generally moderated (i.e. reviewed by a real person). Don't know for sure about
that one, though. I don't think those prices are anything to get real excited
about. I still like the deal on the little electronic box that reads out rpm or
sfpm (you can enter the work or cutter diameter) and costs under $100. Now
*that*s a deal I like. Only place I know where to get 'em is www.mkctool.com
which is Skip's page, he's a Shopsmith guy. - GWE
Dave August

Damn Grant,

Jeez I should start selling the one I built. Guess thats the best part of
being a programmer, I took a $5 surplus LCD display, $1 halleffect
transducer, and a $2 PIC (that's an embedded micro for those of you who
don't know) added an afternoon of programming and ... presto.. Instant tach,
mine's even got a switch for backgear on my Bridgeport that divides the tach
by 8.25 :-) and has several other nice features also (too complictaed to
explain in in a post)

One of these days I'm gonna add a pickoff from the the scales on my DRO so
the SFPM is really what the tool is seeing when under powerfeed and not just
the calculated value of diameter and RPM..

Dave

I still like the deal on the little electronic box that reads out rpm or
sfpm (you can enter the work or cutter diameter) and costs under $100. Now
*that*s a deal I like. Only place I know where to get 'em is
www.mkctool.com which is Skip's page, he's a Shopsmith guy. - GWE

Generafti

I checked out the site and ordered one of the units for my Enco bench mill.
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and the deal they are offering is
pretty good. The price for my unit was 899.00 and they will rebate 25% to
me if I supply them with clear drawings and photos of the installation. The
system has features like Accu-rite, anilam etc for about 1/2 the cost- I am
not into the kit building mode, as I want something to get going right away.
I will post further on the performance once the system is installed.

"Dave August" wrote in message
om...
[...]

LMSC

The deal you got was no really a deal. I would have sold you the same
Jenix system for $675.00 and that price includes the freight and you
don't have to send me any drawings or photos.

See the REAL Jenix systems at www.digitalreadoutsystem.com or on Ebay.
Just type in Jenix is the search box.

Regards,

Tim
LMSC
877-376-4373

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 13:37:09 GMT, "Generafti"
wrote:

I checked out the site and ordered one of the units for my Enco bench mill.
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and the deal they are offering is
pretty good. The price for my unit was 899.00 and they will rebate 25% to
me if I supply them with clear drawings and photos of the installation. The
system has features like Accu-rite, anilam etc for about 1/2 the cost- I am
not into the kit building mode, as I want something to get going right away.
I will post further on the performance once the system is installed.

"Dave August" wrote in message
. com...
[...]

LMSC

Ed,

I think you must have mis read the post- he got the 3 axes system for his
mill-

Please show me where in any of the posts that the above is stated. I
could not find it in any of them.

your link refers to a 2 axes lathe system. ( also the quoted price in
the link is 775.00)

The link I posted goes to my web site. The Jenix page shows mill
prices and one lathe price that is $850.00 so you must have been
looking at some other web site.

So as I stated before, there was not any real savings, just more work
for the end user. Now you get to be the engineer for this other
company and get paid like you working for McDonalds. Can you say "Do
you want fries with your order?"

Regards,

Tim
LMSC
877-376-4373

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:03:47 GMT, "EdFielder"
wrote:

I think you must have mis read the post- he got the 3 axes system for his
mill- your link refers to a 2 axes lathe system. ( also the quoted price in
the link is 775.00)

.. .

wrote:

[...]

lens

For a REAL low cost DRO, check this site:
http://www.shumatech.com/

This is NOT spam. This guy has all the drawings for making one
yourself. They can work with cheapo Chinese scales or Jenix (sp?).
There is even a link there somewhere there for getting the Jenix scales
a big discount. You need to electronically inclined, but if you are you
can get a DRO for under $200. There is also a newsgroup for builders of
these DROs.