Generafti

I checked out the site and ordered one of the units for my Enco bench mill.
I was pleasantly surprised at the quality and the deal they are offering is
pretty good. The price for my unit was 899.00 and they will rebate 25% to
me if I supply them with clear drawings and photos of the installation. The
system has features like Accu-rite, anilam etc for about 1/2 the cost- I am
not into the kit building mode, as I want something to get going right away.
I will post further on the performance once the system is installed.

"Dave August" wrote in message
om...
Damn Grant,

Jeez I should start selling the one I built. Guess thats the best part of
being a programmer, I took a $5 surplus LCD display, $1 halleffect
transducer, and a $2 PIC (that's an embedded micro for those of you who
don't know) added an afternoon of programming and ... presto.. Instant

tach,
mine's even got a switch for backgear on my Bridgeport that divides the

tach
by 8.25 :-) and has several other nice features also (too complictaed to
explain in in a post)

One of these days I'm gonna add a pickoff from the the scales on my DRO so
the SFPM is really what the tool is seeing when under powerfeed and not

just
the calculated value of diameter and RPM..

Dave

I still like the deal on the little electronic box that reads out rpm or
sfpm (you can enter the work or cutter diameter) and costs under $100.

Now
*that*s a deal I like. Only place I know where to get 'em is
www.mkctool.com which is Skip's page, he's a Shopsmith guy. - GWE