Jeff Wisnia

Default Guess this tool's purpose.

Ok,so it took mere microseconds for Al Bundy and several other ex shoe
salesman to identify the bunion easing shoe stretcher I posted a few
weeks ago.

See how you do on this tool; Used by my dad in the course of his business.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/tools/tool2.html

Dad's initials are engraved on the inside one of the handles, and I'm
not embarrassed to admit I get a little misty when I have a need to use
that tool and spot them there.

Jeff
--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Ed Huntress

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

Ok,so it took mere microseconds for Al Bundy and several other ex shoe
salesman to identify the bunion easing shoe stretcher I posted a few
weeks ago.

See how you do on this tool; Used by my dad in the course of his business.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/tools/tool2.html

Dad's initials are engraved on the inside one of the handles, and I'm
not embarrassed to admit I get a little misty when I have a need to use
that tool and spot them there.

Hmm. A crimping tool for wire-splice sleeves? A hair crimper for that kinky
look? g?

--
Ed Huntress

Larry Jaques

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:23:00 -0400, the inscrutable Jeff Wisnia
spake:

Ok,so it took mere microseconds for Al Bundy and several other ex shoe
salesman to identify the bunion easing shoe stretcher I posted a few
weeks ago.

See how you do on this tool; Used by my dad in the course of his business.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/tools/tool2.html

Dad's initials are engraved on the inside one of the handles, and I'm
not embarrassed to admit I get a little misty when I have a need to use
that tool and spot them there.

I have some of my Dad's pliers from his optometric practice which have
a similar shape. They're used for bending metal temples on eyeglass
frames.

That particular shape is for 90° bends in metal. It could prolly be
used for crimping sheetmetal ducting or something similar. Iffen ya
used it twice on each length of rod, it could make staples!

---
Chaos, panic, and disorder--my work here is done.

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:23:00 -0400, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

Ok,so it took mere microseconds for Al Bundy and several other ex shoe
salesman to identify the bunion easing shoe stretcher I posted a few
weeks ago.

See how you do on this tool; Used by my dad in the course of his business.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/tools/tool2.html

Dad's initials are engraved on the inside one of the handles, and I'm
not embarrassed to admit I get a little misty when I have a need to use
that tool and spot them there.

Jeff

They are a pair of bending pliers.

In the jewelery trades they're used to bend ring shanks and bezels.

Paul K. Dickman
shedfull

Ive seen similar tools used by a Dentist ?

Lee.

Rich Grise

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:23:00 -0400, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Ok,so it took mere microseconds for Al Bundy and several other ex shoe
salesman to identify the bunion easing shoe stretcher I posted a few
weeks ago.

See how you do on this tool; Used by my dad in the course of his business.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/tools/tool2.html

Dad's initials are engraved on the inside one of the handles, and I'm
not embarrassed to admit I get a little misty when I have a need to use
that tool and spot them there.

It's for pinching off and sealing the copper tube on high vacuum
vessels, when they're done pumping them down, and about to ship
them.

(Howcome this isn't crossposted to WHATIZIT on rec.puzzles? ;-) )

Cheers!
Rich

DoN. Nichols

In article ,
Rich Grise wrote:
On Sat, 11 Jun 2005 15:23:00 -0400, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

[ ... ]

See how you do on this tool; Used by my dad in the course of his business.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/tools/tool2.html

[ ... ]

It's for pinching off and sealing the copper tube on high vacuum
vessels, when they're done pumping them down, and about to ship
them.

I don't think so. I've seen and used such tools, and they did
not look like this one.

(Howcome this isn't crossposted to WHATIZIT on rec.puzzles? ;-) )

Because it is not being posted by R.H. We've now got two people
posting puzzles, with one sticking with rec.crafts.metalworking, and the
other cross-posting.

Enjoy,
DoN.

--
Email: | Voice (all times): (703) 938-4564
James P Crombie

Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Ok,so it took mere microseconds for Al Bundy and several other ex shoe
salesman to identify the bunion easing shoe stretcher I posted a few
weeks ago.

See how you do on this tool; Used by my dad in the course of his business.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/tools/tool2.html

Dad's initials are engraved on the inside one of the handles, and I'm
not embarrassed to admit I get a little misty when I have a need to use
that tool and spot them there.

Jeff

http://www.grobetusa.com/ProductDesc...ingpliera.html
Bow closing pliers used by jewelers

Mike Fields

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message

Ok,so it took mere microseconds for Al Bundy and several other ex shoe
salesman to identify the bunion easing shoe stretcher I posted a few
weeks ago.

See how you do on this tool; Used by my dad in the course of his business.

http://home.comcast.net/~jwisnia18/tools/tool2.html

Dad's initials are engraved on the inside one of the handles, and I'm
not embarrassed to admit I get a little misty when I have a need to use
that tool and spot them there.

Jeff
--

Seems to me I have seen something like that for putting the "crinkle
edge" on stove pipe ends. (and they look too heavy duty/worn for

mikey

Tim Williams

"Mike Fields" wrote in message
news
Seems to me I have seen something like that for putting the "crinkle
edge" on stove pipe ends.

I thought about that, but they're too short. Looks like some mean leverage!

(and they look too heavy duty/worn for working with glasses)

Idunno, overbuilt tools oughta last a few generations of optometrists right?
;-)

Tim

--
"California is the breakfast state: fruits, nuts and flakes."

Gerald Miller

On Sun, 12 Jun 2005 00:21:36 -0500, "Tim Williams"
wrote:

"Mike Fields" wrote in message
news
Seems to me I have seen something like that for putting the "crinkle
edge" on stove pipe ends.

I thought about that, but they're too short. Looks like some mean leverage!

(and they look too heavy duty/worn for working with glasses)

Idunno, overbuilt tools oughta last a few generations of optometrists right?
;-)

Tim

Pig ringer?
Gerry :-)}
London, Canada

beginner tools Justa Beginner Woodworking 14 March 3rd 05 03:15 AM
Who Makes What Tools Gunner Metalworking 7 March 27th 04 10:00 PM
Brand of tools? Darren Woodturning 14 January 28th 04 12:39 AM
Storage of power tools Peter Bull UK diy 18 January 6th 04 09:48 PM
Why do you buy Snap-on tools? Bray Haven Metalworking 7 November 10th 03 04:39 PM