Modat22

Default to those that made their own bandsaw mill.

I was just thinking about safety shields and such. What I was
wondering is, if you break a band or it comes off your wheel all the
sudden, how much damage can one of these do to the operator? Should a
person place some sort of protection between the operator and the band
saw carriage in a manually pushed carriage design?
Blue Skies

If you are running the machine yourself make sure to tell the wife to check
that you are still upright every half hour or so and keep a stock of blood
and ice handy.

If you have employees keep your lawyer on retainer.

"Modat22" wrote in message
news
I was just thinking about safety shields and such. What I was
wondering is, if you break a band or it comes off your wheel all the
sudden, how much damage can one of these do to the operator? Should a
person place some sort of protection between the operator and the band
saw carriage in a manually pushed carriage design?

Old Nick

On Fri, 20 May 2005 12:04:46 GMT, Modat22 wrote:

I was just thinking about safety shields and such. What I was
wondering is, if you break a band or it comes off your wheel all the
sudden, how much damage can one of these do to the operator? Should a
person place some sort of protection between the operator and the band
saw carriage in a manually pushed carriage design?

Look at a normal bandsaw. Copy.

I have had a band break. Not much happened ec\xcept PING. The band had
little motorment. But if there had been no guards, it could have been
a mess. With a 1.5-2" band, it would be worse.

Ben Jackson

On 2005-05-20, Modat22 wrote:
wondering is, if you break a band or it comes off your wheel all the
sudden, how much damage can one of these do to the operator?

I've had them come out of the *package* all of a sudden and been
damaged...

--
Ben Jackson

http://www.ben.com/