Gunner

Default FS/ So Cal. Bridgeport Mill

I will be having available a Bridgeport mill for sale in the next week
or two. The mill is in good shape, with the exception of the motor,
which has a stripped keyway in the shaft. This may be easily fixed by
milling a new keyway . The mill to my knowledge has sat for at least 4
yrs, and is now become a storage problem for the owner. They have a
completly CNC shop and they simply dont want a hanger queen collecting
dust.

At one time, I tried to get this mill for myself but they were unsure as
to what they wanted to do with it. It was brought to my attention today
they are willing to part with it, and probably not for much money. I
will be calling the owner in the next couple days, and am offering this
mill to the group. If someone is interested, tell me the Maximum you are
willing to pay for it, so I can go to the owner, and negotiate a deal.
This will be as is where is, but best as I can tell, the rest of the
mill is in good condition. Variable speed head IRRC. I saw it from a
distance in a very dark storage area this afternoon, but memory servers
me, it was in good condition with normal backlash. No DRO, no vise, etc.

Located in Huntington Beach California.

All I want is a rough price range I can take to the seller and make an
tentative offer for whomever is interested. Before a deal is finalized,
Il be sure to give a full critique of the mill, serial number etc etc.

I figure this mill, as is, is worth between $1000-2000 in todays
(depressed) California mill market, but I might be able to get it for
much less.

I think this will be a case of "if you snooze, you loose", so if you are
considering a BP..act fast.

Email me if anyone has any interest.

Gunner

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus
ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.
Sunworshiper

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 11:21:38 GMT, Gunner
wrote:

[...]

The anxiety ... Just last afternoon I dropped by a job that a fellow
pool tile setter was at & next to a job I just finished. He's like
lets go to Huntington Beach this weekend ! Then, first thing in the
morning , I read this . His cell has been answering machine all day ,
must be on the charger at home getting ready for the trip, blast. I
even went to pick up a check when I wasn't planing on doing that
today. Now , I don't want to pay the $5 ! (each BTW) and drive to
Bank of America to have cash. The SWMBO would kill me even if I said
a lie like another free machine from Gunner... ERrrr

Email me with your phone # again. I don't know , just got ahold of
the friend and he said he will leave Sat. night...
Gunner

On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 23:10:01 GMT, Sunworshiper
wrote:

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus
ventosissimis exponebantur ad necem.

The anxiety ... Just last afternoon I dropped by a job that a fellow
pool tile setter was at & next to a job I just finished. He's like
lets go to Huntington Beach this weekend ! Then, first thing in the
morning , I read this . His cell has been answering machine all day ,
must be on the charger at home getting ready for the trip, blast. I
even went to pick up a check when I wasn't planing on doing that
today. Now , I don't want to pay the $5 ! (each BTW) and drive to
Bank of America to have cash. The SWMBO would kill me even if I said
a lie like another free machine from Gunner... ERrrr

Email me with your phone # again. I don't know , just got ahold of
the friend and he said he will leave Sat. night...

ROFLMAO. Ive not made contact yet with the owner..he played hooky
today.

Btw..I think I found another part for that Reid Bro. Grinder you got.
Sorta a thick cylinder, about 3" long, by 2" dia with a pointer on it.
It may be the infeed crank spacer and pointer.

Gunner

"The British attitude is to treat society like a game preserve where a
certain percentage of the 'antelope' are expected to be eaten by the
"lions".
Christopher Morton
Sunworshiper

wrote:

[...]

You did say fast. I called one regular rental place and after I told
them it was a 2700 lb. machine they said they won't rent me a truck.
I've carried 2,00lbs. on my Toy ! & their trucks can't handle it? I
could get a 16' trailer , but I still don't have the truck. My friend
called from where it is and asked how he could help , but I don't see
how.

Got me on the SG part. Hold onto it. I really need to get back on
that machine. I think the only part missing is the one you know about
and it should be about 4" Dia. and 1" thick , show your old site again
if its not gone.

I searched the shop for your phone # , its here somewhere. I promise
not to ask computer problems.
Gunner

wrote:

[...]

805-732-5308

Last I heard, the Mill was still available.