Waynemak

Default Anyone know anything about Leroi tractors??

I have been looking for a tractor to do some work around the yard, its hard
finding a good machine for a price I can swallow. I talked to a person
selling a Leroi tractor, this machine has a bucket, plow, doozer blade and
cherry picker. It also has a jack hammer (no real use for that) the engine
is 6 cylinder, but 4 are to power the machine and the other 2 are the built
in compressor (to run a jack hammer) the price seems fair but I know nothing
of these machines and have found some info on the web but not a bunch.

ATP*

"Waynemak" wrote in message
I have been looking for a tractor to do some work around the yard, its hard
finding a good machine for a price I can swallow. I talked to a person
selling a Leroi tractor, this machine has a bucket, plow, doozer blade and
cherry picker. It also has a jack hammer (no real use for that) the engine
is 6 cylinder, but 4 are to power the machine and the other 2 are the built
in compressor (to run a jack hammer) the price seems fair but I know
nothing of these machines and have found some info on the web but not a
bunch.

We have a 1988 Leroi tow-behind compressor at work. Compair took over the
compressor line. They sent me a service manual free of charge.

Waynemak

The tractors haven't been made for some time, I did find a web sight with
some info, looks like its about a 43 HP machine. I am going to look at it in
the morning but it sounds like a real oddball. It comes with all the items I
want but get parts would be a real bitch, but I suppose many of the older
machines are getting harder to find parts for. Thats why we have our
machines so we can make some right??

Hows the mill?
"ATP*" wrote in message

"Waynemak" wrote in message
I have been looking for a tractor to do some work around the yard, its
hard finding a good machine for a price I can swallow. I talked to a
person selling a Leroi tractor, this machine has a bucket, plow, doozer
blade and cherry picker. It also has a jack hammer (no real use for that)
the engine is 6 cylinder, but 4 are to power the machine and the other 2
are the built in compressor (to run a jack hammer) the price seems fair
but I know nothing of these machines and have found some info on the web
but not a bunch.

We have a 1988 Leroi tow-behind compressor at work. Compair took over the
compressor line. They sent me a service manual free of charge.

garigue

"Waynemak" wrote in message
I have been looking for a tractor to do some work around the yard, its

hard
finding a good machine for a price I can swallow. I talked to a person
selling a Leroi tractor, this machine has a bucket, plow, doozer blade and
cherry picker. It also has a jack hammer (no real use for that) ..........

I used a LeRoi about 40 years ago and found that operating a jack hammer was
not my life's work. The unit was excellent for the needs of the job. I
remember also that the railroads used a lot of the units on the track
maintenance end of things.

God Bless .... Tom in Belle Vernon Pa.

ATP*

"Waynemak" wrote in message
The tractors haven't been made for some time, I did find a web sight with
some info, looks like its about a 43 HP machine. I am going to look at it
in the morning but it sounds like a real oddball. It comes with all the
items I want but get parts would be a real bitch, but I suppose many of
the older machines are getting harder to find parts for. Thats why we have
our machines so we can make some right??

Hows the mill?

The mill's working great. That J-head you got for me was one of my best
buys. Nice to have something that's been rebuilt and doesn't become a
project itself.