Waynemak

Default Cockshutt 20 tractor anyone know a value on these

I had someone offer me a Cockshutt 20 tractor runs fine the front end is off
something else. it has a front loader but was un able to test it the hydro
pump is ****ing out fluid. I will post a picture at
www.motherearthrecycling.net/20/20.htm

Steve Peterson

Here are some tractor values. Looks like yours could be $800-2000 DOC. The
paint looks pretty sad on yours but mechanical and sheet metal condition is
the key.
http://www.ytmag.com/atrp/values/cshuttval.htm
Steve Peterson

"Waynemak" wrote in message
I had someone offer me a Cockshutt 20 tractor runs fine the front end is
off something else. it has a front loader but was un able to test it the
hydro pump is ****ing out fluid. I will post a picture at
www.motherearthrecycling.net/20/20.htm

Why do you think the front end is off something else? Cockshutt was
made by a Canadian Farmer's Co-op and probably used what was available
at the time. Kind of like International Harvester in this country.

Dad bought a Cockshutt in about 1958 for use on the dairy farm. I think
it was used at the time. Seemed like it would run forever with little
or no maintenance. I remember it was really underpowered for what we
used it for.

Your picture shows the tractor doesn's have it's origional paint, if
that is of any concern to you. Our's was red and looks like this one
was yellow.

Does thi help any?

Paul

Waynemak wrote:
I had someone offer me a Cockshutt 20 tractor runs fine the front end

is off
something else. it has a front loader but was un able to test it the

hydro
pump is ****ing out fluid. I will post a picture at
www.motherearthrecycling.net/20/20.htm

George Willer

I think the front end is off something else as well... a Massey-Harris, just
like all the other parts! Who decided it was a Cockshutt? Of course the
Massey was originally red as well, unless it was an industrial model.

I'd rather have a Cockshutt.

George Willer

ups.com...

Waynemak wrote:
I had someone offer me a Cockshutt 20 tractor runs fine the front end

is off
something else. it has a front loader but was un able to test it the

hydro
pump is ****ing out fluid. I will post a picture at
www.motherearthrecycling.net/20/20.htm

Waynemak

It could be a Massey, the seller thinks its a cockshutt with a massey
loader. the front end is not orginal you can see all the half ass welds, not
a big concern to me the seller is looking to get $1100, but with the hydro
leak I can't see the bucket work.
"George Willer" wrote in message
I think the front end is off something else as well... a Massey-Harris,
just like all the other parts! Who decided it was a Cockshutt? Of course
the Massey was originally red as well, unless it was an industrial model.

I'd rather have a Cockshutt.

George Willer

ups.com...

Waynemak wrote:
I had someone offer me a Cockshutt 20 tractor runs fine the front end

is off
something else. it has a front loader but was un able to test it the

hydro
pump is ****ing out fluid. I will post a picture at
www.motherearthrecycling.net/20/20.htm

Waynemak

The metal content, he has a Pratt 7" lathe for sale with all the collets for
$250, it has a MINI d-? mount. The mount is like my d-4 but REAL small. the
DC drive box is all apart. I was thinking of offering $1100 for both and
just selling the lathe.
"Waynemak" wrote in message
It could be a Massey, the seller thinks its a cockshutt with a massey
loader. the front end is not orginal you can see all the half ass welds,
not a big concern to me the seller is looking to get $1100, but with the
hydro leak I can't see the bucket work.
"George Willer" wrote in message
I think the front end is off something else as well... a Massey-Harris,
just like all the other parts! Who decided it was a Cockshutt? Of course
the Massey was originally red as well, unless it was an industrial model.

I'd rather have a Cockshutt.

George Willer

ups.com...

Waynemak wrote:
I had someone offer me a Cockshutt 20 tractor runs fine the front end
is off
something else. it has a front loader but was un able to test it the
hydro
pump is ****ing out fluid. I will post a picture at
www.motherearthrecycling.net/20/20.htm

George Willer

O.K., so the owner doesn't know what he has. How about showing him a
picture of a Massey-Harris 20?
http://www.tractorshed.com/gallery/tphotos/a25571.jpg This one has a NF,
but is otherwise much like the one in the oversized blurry picture you sent.

I have pictures of Cockshutt 20s belonging to friends, and that one ain't
even close.

George Willer

"Waynemak" wrote in message
It could be a Massey, the seller thinks its a cockshutt with a massey
loader. the front end is not orginal you can see all the half ass welds,
not a big concern to me the seller is looking to get $1100, but with the
hydro leak I can't see the bucket work.
"George Willer" wrote in message
I think the front end is off something else as well... a Massey-Harris,
just like all the other parts! Who decided it was a Cockshutt? Of course
the Massey was originally red as well, unless it was an industrial model.

I'd rather have a Cockshutt.

George Willer

ups.com...

On 10 Apr 2005 13:43:31 -0700, wrote:

Why do you think the front end is off something else? Cockshutt was
made by a Canadian Farmer's Co-op and probably used what was available
at the time. Kind of like International Harvester in this country.

The Cockshutt company was NOT a farmer's co-op, and nor was
international harvester.

The Norseman was a "co-op" tractor, and there were lots of other
"assembled" tractors made of various generic parts.

The Cockshutt was a pretty good tractor, and their ploughs and other
equipment were also well respected (including their combines)
Cockshutt, Oliver, and Minniapolis Moline joined together under the
White Farm Equipment umberella in the early-mid sixties. Fiat tractors
were also under that umbrella for several years before Allis and Fiat
joined forces in the mid to late seventies.

1827 The Cockshutt family - James, Mary and children Ignatius and
Jane - immigrated to Canada from Lancashire, England.
1877 James G. Cockshutt, son of Ignatius, founded the original
Cockshutt factory, THE BRANTFORD PLOW WORKS at Brantford, Ontario. He
operated it until its incorporation in 1882.
1882 The business was incorporated as THE COCKSHUTT PLOW COMPANY,
with James G. Cockshutt as president. Approximately 50 workers were
employed.
1885 James Cockshutt died as the result of tuberculosis at 34 years of
age. Managers bearing the Cockshutt name continued to operate the
company until 1957.
1885 The JGC Sulky Plow, invented by James G. Cockshutt, was patented
following his death by his wife and his brother W.F. Cockshutt.
1903 Cockshutt Plow Company employed 900 people in a modern plant
built on a 33 acre site.
1910 The company went public, expanded their buildings and increased
the number of employees to 1300.
1910 Cockshutt purchased ADAMS WAGON COMPANY, BRANTFORD CARRIAGE
COMPANY, and FROST AND WOOD COMPANY to expand their line of machinery.
1914-1918 World War I - Cockshutt provided wagons and carriages for
military use. Shiploads of farm machinery were exported to England.
1924-1928 During this period, the company was a Canadian distributor
of Hart-Parr tractors.
1928-1933 Allis-Chalmers tractors were sold under the COCKSHUTT name.
1930 Oliver, now incorporated with Hart-Parr, produced COCKSHUTT
tractors. Identical tractors were painted green for Oliver and red
and cream for Cockshutt.
1930 Produced the "Tiller combine", selling 100 in their first year.
1939-1945 World War II - The company built aircraft parts, ambulance
bodies, gun mounts and 100,000 hand grenades per month with up to
6,000 people being employed.
1946 The first actual Canadian COCKSHUTT tractor called the '30' went
into production.
1953 Cockshutt expanded their operation by purchasing the National
Farm Equipment Co-op at Bellevue, Ohio.
1957 English Transcontinental Company purchased controlling interest
in the COCKSHUTT PLOW COMPANY and ran it under the name COCKSHUTT FARM
EQUIPMENT COMPANY LTD.
1961 White Motor Corporation purchased part of the Brantford plant and
the rights to the harvester/combine lines. Operating under the name
COCKSHUTT FARM EQUIPMENT OF CANADA INC., they also took over the
branches and many Cockshutt dealers.

I worked for a Cockshutt (farm equipment) dealer in the sixties, and a
Fiat Allis (industrial equipment) dealer in the late seventies.
From 1946 to 1957, all of the 2 digit model tractors were built
entirely (except for some of their engines - by Cockshutt in Brantford
Ontario.
From 1958 on, all Cockshutt branded tractors were either Olivers or
Miniapolis Molines, or Fiats painted in the Cockshutt colours of red
and harvest gold, or red and white.

Waynemak wrote:
I had someone offer me a Cockshutt 20 tractor runs fine the front end

is off
something else. it has a front loader but was un able to test it the

hydro
pump is ****ing out fluid. I will post a picture at
www.motherearthrecycling.net/20/20.htm

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:58:34 -0400, "George Willer"
wrote:

I think the front end is off something else as well... a Massey-Harris, just
like all the other parts! Who decided it was a Cockshutt? Of course the
Massey was originally red as well, unless it was an industrial model.

I'd rather have a Cockshutt.

George Willer

Yes - I looked at it and it is definitely a Massey Harris. Looks like
a 20 or a 30, Possibly a 22. Definetely not a 33 or 44, because they
had OHV engines.
The side panels of the hood are missing, making it a bit harder to
identify further.

I farmed with a 1949 MH44 for several years in the sixties. (along
with a useless, gutless Cockshutt(Oliver) 540.

oups.com...

Waynemak wrote:
I had someone offer me a Cockshutt 20 tractor runs fine the front end

is off
something else. it has a front loader but was un able to test it the

hydro
pump is ****ing out fluid. I will post a picture at
www.motherearthrecycling.net/20/20.htm

Looking at it closer, it really does NOT look like a 20 or 30 series
MAssey - the Massey had a cast "bed" frame that the engine fit into -
this one looks like a channel frame - much more like a Norseman or
Co-Op - with a good portion of a Massey grafted on -----
Interesting Mongrel.

Gunner

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:31:45 -0400, "Waynemak"
wrote:

The metal content, he has a Pratt 7" lathe for sale with all the collets for
$250, it has a MINI d-? mount. The mount is like my d-4 but REAL small. the
DC drive box is all apart. I was thinking of offering $1100 for both and
just selling the lathe.

You havent bought the lathe yet?????

That will make a goodie, based on the pics you sent.
Gunner

"Waynemak" wrote in message
It could be a Massey, the seller thinks its a cockshutt with a massey
loader. the front end is not orginal you can see all the half ass welds,
not a big concern to me the seller is looking to get $1100, but with the
hydro leak I can't see the bucket work.
"George Willer" wrote in message
I think the front end is off something else as well... a Massey-Harris,
just like all the other parts! Who decided it was a Cockshutt? Of course
the Massey was originally red as well, unless it was an industrial model.

I'd rather have a Cockshutt.

George Willer

ups.com...

Waynemak wrote:
I had someone offer me a Cockshutt 20 tractor runs fine the front end
is off
something else. it has a front loader but was un able to test it the
hydro
pump is ****ing out fluid. I will post a picture at
www.motherearthrecycling.net/20/20.htm

"To be civilized is to restrain the ability to commit mayhem.
To be incapable of committing mayhem is not the mark of the civilized,
merely the domesticated." - Trefor Thomas

Gunner

On Mon, 11 Apr 2005 06:11:02 -0400, "Waynemak"
wrote:

I was hoping to make a package deal, maybe $1000 for both.

Just screwing with you G

Gunner

.. .

"Waynemak" wrote in message
It could be a Massey, the seller thinks its a cockshutt with a massey
loader. the front end is not orginal you can see all the half ass welds,
not a big concern to me the seller is looking to get $1100, but with the
hydro leak I can't see the bucket work.
"George Willer" wrote in message
I think the front end is off something else as well... a Massey-Harris,
just like all the other parts! Who decided it was a Cockshutt? Of
course
the Massey was originally red as well, unless it was an industrial
model.

I'd rather have a Cockshutt.

George Willer

ups.com...