On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 16:58:34 -0400, "George Willer"
wrote:

I think the front end is off something else as well... a Massey-Harris, just
like all the other parts! Who decided it was a Cockshutt? Of course the
Massey was originally red as well, unless it was an industrial model.

I'd rather have a Cockshutt.

George Willer

Yes - I looked at it and it is definitely a Massey Harris. Looks like
a 20 or a 30, Possibly a 22. Definetely not a 33 or 44, because they
had OHV engines.
The side panels of the hood are missing, making it a bit harder to
identify further.

I farmed with a 1949 MH44 for several years in the sixties. (along
with a useless, gutless Cockshutt(Oliver) 540.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Why do you think the front end is off something else? Cockshutt was
made by a Canadian Farmer's Co-op and probably used what was available
at the time. Kind of like International Harvester in this country.

Dad bought a Cockshutt in about 1958 for use on the dairy farm. I think
it was used at the time. Seemed like it would run forever with little
or no maintenance. I remember it was really underpowered for what we
used it for.

Your picture shows the tractor doesn's have it's origional paint, if
that is of any concern to you. Our's was red and looks like this one
was yellow.

Does thi help any?

Paul

Waynemak wrote:
I had someone offer me a Cockshutt 20 tractor runs fine the front end

is off
something else. it has a front loader but was un able to test it the

hydro
pump is ****ing out fluid. I will post a picture at
www.motherearthrecycling.net/20/20.htm