E. Walter Le Roy

Default O T Washing machine filter

Sorry for the O T, but if it's abvailable, I know I can find it here. I'm
told that someone makes a filter that connects to the inlet side of a
washing machine with hose fittings on both sides so that you just get an
extra hose, hang it on the wall, and run a hose to it and another out the
other side. If anyone knows where I can find one I'll appreciate it.

Thamks,
Walt

Jeff Wisnia

E. Walter Le Roy wrote:
Sorry for the O T, but if it's abvailable, I know I can find it here. I'm
told that someone makes a filter that connects to the inlet side of a
washing machine with hose fittings on both sides so that you just get an
extra hose, hang it on the wall, and run a hose to it and another out the
other side. If anyone knows where I can find one I'll appreciate it.

Thamks,
Walt

Is it a filter which treats the water to somehow make it more amenable
to washing clothes, or is it just something to strain out particuate
matter which might clog up the machine's water inlet solenoid valves?

But, your saying "an" and "another" (implying one) extra hose puzzles
me, as most washing machines I've seen draw from both hot and cold sources.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
Jim & Hils

"E. Walter Le Roy" wrote in message
nk.net...
Sorry for the O T, but if it's abvailable, I know I can find it here. I'm
told that someone makes a filter that connects to the inlet side of a
washing machine with hose fittings on both sides so that you just get an
extra hose, hang it on the wall, and run a hose to it and another out the
other side. If anyone knows where I can find one I'll appreciate it.

Thamks,
Walt

Walt,
I had a problem with sand plugging the tiny screen in the cold water supply
line. I found an small irrigation filter that works great. It is made by
Raindrip http://www.raindrip.com/ and it has been on the washer for about
8 years now with great results. If you go to the website, click on
products; accessories; filters. I have the same 3/4" Y filter that is
pictured.
Raindrip also has a dealer locator on their page.
Good luck,
Jim

Jeff Wisnia

Jim & Hils wrote:

[...]

That sounds good to me. I was gonna suggest getting a suitable in-line
filter and putting a couple of male hose adaptors:

http://www.plumbingsupply.com/hoseadap.html

onto it.

Being a city dweller I was suprised to learn that "washing machine
filter" Googled up scads of references to filters for the DRAINAGE side
of washing machines.

It appears that lint from clothes washing is ungood for septic systems,
so filters are used there to keep such stuff from going down the drain.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

schools"
Nick Hull

In article ,
Jeff Wisnia wrote:

Being a city dweller I was suprised to learn that "washing machine
filter" Googled up scads of references to filters for the DRAINAGE side
of washing machines.

It appears that lint from clothes washing is ungood for septic systems,
so filters are used there to keep such stuff from going down the drain.

Jeff

Beiung a country dweller I would never think of plumbing the washing
machine drain into the septic tank, it goes out into the yard to water
the grapes & flowers.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/