Default PTO u joint update

Well, I got the u joint in but two apposing cups dont seem to be in the
bore far enough below the grove the spring holders go in. Although I am
not sure. I will say when I twist it there is abolutely no give in the
joint like would be evidenced with a bad u joint.

One other thing I found is after about 3 full squirts of grease grease
started coming out from under the little rubber seals at the end of
some of the caps. is this normal?

Mike Fields

If the caps will not go in far enough to get the clips
on and the joint is locked, I would suspect you
knocked one (or more) of the needles loose and it
is across the bottom of the cap (see my other post
on the U-Joint problem). If that is the case, you have
to get the cap back off, get the needles back in right
and press it together again.

mikey

wrote in message
oups.com...
Well, I got the u joint in but two apposing cups dont seem to be in the
bore far enough below the grove the spring holders go in. Although I am
not sure. I will say when I twist it there is abolutely no give in the
joint like would be evidenced with a bad u joint.

One other thing I found is after about 3 full squirts of grease grease
started coming out from under the little rubber seals at the end of
some of the caps. is this normal?

The joint is not locked and moves fine. The clips are on I just cant
tell if they are in the grooves or not.