Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
dolfantimmy

Default Help with electrical on Tecumseh Engine riding mower

A few years back, I bought a riding mower from Tractor supply. I don't
remember what the brand name is, but it has a tecumseh 13 1/2 HP
engine.

I won't go in to detail (long sad story), but I've got the
ignition/starter wiring goofed up. I also don't have the ignition key.
I want to just install a couple toggle switches but I'm not sure where
to wire the ignition. I have already got the starter working, but no
ignition. There's several "safety switches" on the thing, so I'll be
bypassing those as well.

Can anyone tell me where to wire the battery to for the ignition,
perhaps what wires on the ignition key I can jump?

I imagine this sounds like a pretty basic question, but I've never hot
wired a thing in my life, including a lawn tractor GRIN.

dolfantimmy