steve

Default new tile and toilet flange

Gidday all, I am tiling a new floor and am wondering if I should install the
toilet flange to the floor or tile first and then install it. The flange is
slightly bigger than the hole in the floor (5").
Just wondering if there is any advantage to doing one before the other. It
seems to me that it would be more logical to install the flange and then
tile around it, but i want to be sure.
thanks
Steve

Dennis Turner

On 3/21/2005 7:03 PM or thereabouts, steve appears, somewhat
unbelievably, to have opined:

Gidday all, I am tiling a new floor and am wondering if I should install the
toilet flange to the floor or tile first and then install it. The flange is
slightly bigger than the hole in the floor (5").
Just wondering if there is any advantage to doing one before the other. It
seems to me that it would be more logical to install the flange and then
tile around it, but i want to be sure.
thanks
Steve

Either will work jsut fine. I have tiled around existing flanges a
number of times with no problems. Flange on top of the tile will work
just fine as well, but may be tricky when/if you decide to replace the tile.

--
I sent ten puns to all my friends hoping that at least one
would make them laugh.

Mikepier

What I have done in the past is let the pvc waste pipe stick up at
least 5 inches above finished floor. Once the tile work was done, I
would cut the vc pipe flush with the floor then install the flange
assembly. Never had a problem doing it like this.

Toilet closet flange extension ring questions. Plumbers, help! GeekBoy Home Repair 1 September 4th 04 01:21 PM
Cutting ceramic tile (?) Home Repair 7 July 12th 04 09:01 PM
Extending toilet waste flange GeekBoy Home Repair 3 July 8th 04 11:27 PM
bathroom floor and toilet flange L Beck Home Repair 4 January 13th 04 02:48 PM
Silly Question about Installing Tile in a Bathroom Bill Leska Home Repair 9 December 24th 03 03:30 PM