Dennis Turner

On 3/21/2005 7:03 PM or thereabouts, steve appears, somewhat
unbelievably, to have opined:

Gidday all, I am tiling a new floor and am wondering if I should install the
toilet flange to the floor or tile first and then install it. The flange is
slightly bigger than the hole in the floor (5").
Just wondering if there is any advantage to doing one before the other. It
seems to me that it would be more logical to install the flange and then
tile around it, but i want to be sure.
thanks
Steve

Either will work jsut fine. I have tiled around existing flanges a
number of times with no problems. Flange on top of the tile will work
just fine as well, but may be tricky when/if you decide to replace the tile.

--
I sent ten puns to all my friends hoping that at least one
would make them laugh.